DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you have too many drones?

Interesting conundrum...

I currently own just one drone, the MP2. And I've tried my best to rationalize the need for another. I've thought about buying a used Mavic Air because I want to learn how to do some "fly throughs" and thought a smaller drone would be better. But then I ask myself, "Do I want to spend $600+ on a drone for the single, specific purpose of flying in tight areas?" Then, with thumb and forefinger on chin, I ponder if I should get a cheap used Spark. But that's only 1080p and a two-axis gimbal, so I worry about video quality.

After my few brain cells process this, I come to the conclusion the MP2 would suffice just fine when flying in close quarters. But THEN I worry that by flying in close quarters the risk of crashing and damage increase substantially. Whereas a crashed cheap Spark or even semi- cheap Mavic Air would not be as big a financial loss.

So then the circular head game starts all over again.
Prop guards.

As usual, I have gone overboard with my hobby. I now have a P3P, a Mavic Pro, and a Spark. Now this (my better half tells me) is ridiculous. I have to agree, it is a bit obsessive. So, which two to keep? I am thinking maybe the Spark for general mucking around, then one of the others. But which one? I like the portability of the Mavic, but I also like the stability of the P3P. Pose value gives the P3P a slight edge - they are an attention grabbing machine. I can’t tell the difference in photo and video quality with the stuff I take. I’ll also post this on the Phantompilots site. It will be interesting to compare results.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has, or how many pocketbooks.

Sounds to me like you only have ONE drone too many: the one that doesn’t respond to WiFi, Lightbridge, or Occusync; does not accept an SD card; is not federally governed; and, worse yet, does NOT come with a controller.

Sounds to me like you only have ONE drone too many: the one that doesn’t respond to WiFi, Lightbridge, or Occusync; does not accept an SD card; is not federally governed; and, worse yet, does NOT come with a controller.
Sorry CC Rider - I am confused. I honestly don’t know which one you mean. (I am in Australia, and we don’t have e any federal control.....yet). Apart from that, don’t all three meet the criteria?

You only have too many drones if you think you have too many drones. Also if your significant other says you do.

Sorry CC Rider - I am confused. I honestly don’t know which one you mean. (I am in Australia, and we don’t have e any federal control.....yet). Apart from that, don’t all three meet the criteria?

Very correct and very true. Each FLYING drone responds to either of the transmission types I mentioned; each accepts an SD card; each is federally governed; each comes with a controller.

The only DRONE mentioned in his original post that DOESN’T and poses a problem to him?

His wife.

Yes. We can have too many drones. I have two, and the Spark has got to go. If I could get $150 for my Spark fly more combo, I'd take it.

PM me if interested.

No such thing as too much of something you enjoy but there is the fact we can only fly one at a time.

I've got Mavic 2, Mavic Pro, Spark, Phantom 3, Airdog, GS350 and two more.
Going to sell all but the Mavic 2 and Spark - anyone need a drone?

Dont sell your pro m8 :(
It can still go faster/higher (please no lectures) and
for modders is still the drone to have. I know FAA have you guys by the balls.
But there must be some locales you can have some fun safely.
Unless your purely about the photography

Reactions: TR Ganey
GeeBee,

There is a really simple equation that will explain this to you. It works just as well with cameras, boats, classic cars etc.

X = N+1

Whereas
X = The ideal amount of drones (boats, cameras etc)
N = the number of drones (boats, cameras etc.) that you have now.

Enjoy them.

GeeBee,

There is a really simple equation that will explain this to you. It works just as well with cameras, boats, classic cars etc.

X = N+1

Whereas
X = The ideal amount of drones (boats, cameras etc)
N = the number of drones (boats, cameras etc.) that you have now.

Enjoy them.

He who dies with the most Toys wins eh?

Just be sure to sell the Toys that mock you because you didn't use them or sucked at using them.
Golf Clubs, Waterskis, 10 speed bike, etc :p

I'm really starting to like the smaller capable drones better. Got rid of my big Inspires and Phantoms. Even the Mavic 2 is starting to seem a bit large to me now :) But it is one of the best if not the best drone out there. I'm really liking the Spark and Mavic Air too. I think that type of small size with all the bells and whistles of Mav 2 and I2's would be it!
JUST GET A TOUGH CAM CORDER TURN IT ON AND THROW IT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147