DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you help, please?

It is a lot cheaper than hiring a pilot and paying for gas Safer too!
Definitely. My wife and kids paid for a helicopter trip for me for my birthday a few years ago, I spent the whole time taking photos, the half hour trip cost them over £500. These days I can spend nearly half an hour taking photos with my drone and that's just one battery. :D

RIght, exactly correct and I mentioned the ND filters in my last response and one of the reasons for a longer exposre. There is a nice bridge near my home and I am wanting to go there about sunset to photograph it, and plan on using a full 8 second exposure to allow the vehicles to pan across the image area. Been a bit windy lately though, so waiting on a calmer day to do this.

Thanks for the excellent response, and I have to ask, where did you shoot these falls? Just breathtaking to see. Thank you for sharing the information and shot!

Cordially,

Mark

8 seconds is a lot but you might get away with it if it's perfectly calm. Programs like Topaz Sharpen should be able to take out much of the blur if you get any.

Glad you like the photo - that is Bruarfoss in Iceland.

Reactions: Pixeldawg
In order to make drone photos that will merge with the look, feel & depth of your 'camera-in-hand' DSLR type photos, it is usually best to shoot in RAW format to give the ability to adjust every aspect of the images in post.
More:
Drone photos in an overall photography environment can take the project to the next level - literally. Location establishment shots that help to draw the viewer into the process / journey. As you change locations, shoot additional establishing shots as the process / journey continues and maybe a broad-horizon sunset to close.
I’ve watched a number of S&A YT videos for drones. I’ve found them educational for a newbie like me.

Reactions: Pixeldawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser