DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you help

Reece424242

Reactions
Hi I'm going mad I have a mavic mini and the cables that come with it are to short to pug in my phone I have got 4 off ebay and they don't work can you help
Mavic mini to Samsung fold phone and Mavic to Samsung tablet I now nothing about cables
Thanks reece

Welcome to the forum Reece.
(A mod might move this to the Mini forum, @dirkclod ??)

Cable aint cables, can't recall but cheaper ones might not be up to it.

I use ConnecThor cables from Thors Drone World, the spiral ones, can stretch to suit phone or ipad / tablet etc.

Choose the right one here and it should solve your issue hopefully.

@Reece424242 could you stipulate which version of the Mini you have ,as there are several types ,then i can move it to the relevant forum

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with Android phones so I can't guess what models you have and what USB plugs they have. USB-C, Mini etc.
The cable from your controller to your phone needs to be able to transfer data back and forth along with power. Some cables are unable to transfer data, they are just charging cables and will not work with your mini. The icon below on the plug shows that it's a data cable cable.

Attachments

• USB Data Cable.jpg
    USB Data Cable.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 13
The cable from your controller to your phone needs to be able to transfer data back and forth along with power. Some cables are unable to transfer data, they are just charging cables and will not work with your mini.

That's the reason I was trying to recall :)
Good to know about the little 2 way icon on the plugs.

To connect the mini 1 controller to a phone you need a USB OTG cable, and not just a data-capable cable. I have an OTG adapter and used this, along with my phone's standard charging cable (USB-A to USB-C) to connect a 12" tablet up to my mini 1 controller. Without the OTG adapter it wouldn't work.

The DJI supplied short cables for connecting your phone to your controller are already configured to be OTG.

Here's a typical USB OTG adapter:

I have an OTG adapter and used this, along with my phone's standard charging cable (USB-A to USB-C) to connect a 12" tablet up to my mini 1 controller. Without the OTG adapter it wouldn't work.
I’m confused as to how you got this to work. A standard charging cable has fewer wires (2) than a data cable (4) so just adding an adapter to it shouldn’t make any difference. See:

I’m confused as to how you got this to work. A standard charging cable has fewer wires (2) than a data cable (4) so just adding an adapter to it shouldn’t make any difference. See:

When I said standard charging cable I meant the one that came with the phone. It has 4 conductors in it and works as a data cable too. Apologies for the lack of clarity. A charging-only cable wouldn't have worked, as you say.

Hi I'm going mad I have a mavic mini and the cables that come with it are to short to pug in my phone I have got 4 off ebay and they don't work can you help
Mavic mini to Samsung fold phone and Mavic to Samsung tablet I now nothing about cables
Thanks reece
I have longer cables because I use an iPad for my flying. Sounds to me like you need an extended usb-c to usb-c (or whatever your devices are) cable. I got mine off Amazon and I’m on my 3rd cable now… not the most durable things but they work well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+