DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you PreProgram (from Mission Hub) a Litchi ORBIT flight?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Maybe I'm over looking it but for the life of me I can't find a way to do this from Mission Hub. I'm needing to do this ahead of time from the PC and then simply pull it up and launch it when on site. I can do it on site fairly simple but having it on the HUB and having it exactly the same every time is important for this project.

I realize I could do a Waypiont Mission on the hub and I may end up going that route it's just that ORBIT is so much quicker and cleaner for this project.

I believe you can use the spiral maker utility if u set the settings more for an orbit than a spiral.

Ah great idea. I'll play with that option and see if I can tweak it to my needs. Excellent link :) Ironically I did some HELIX flights a couple years ago with Litchi and you'd think I would have remembered that option LOL!

Now thinking about it, the idea of a true Helix might make this particular project POP a little bit more. THANK YOU!!

Last edited:
There was someone who wrote a simple web-based interface to generate a spiral around a point of interest. Both the radius and the height could vary, along with the number of circuits. This set of co-ordinates could then be _imported_ into Litchi, and made into a mission. It worked very well. However, I only used it once, and cannot recall the writer - he/she also developed it further in response to feedback.

However, I am certain a internet search will find it, probably either here or in the UK Grey Arrows website.

Namirda is of course correct, but that will not allow you to "add the spiral utility to the Mission Hub".

If you want to incorporate a spiral/orbit (or any other Litchi functionality such as Focus Mode) within the Mission Hub, it's just not going to work. The Mission Hub does not play nicely with other Litchi features.

One other option is to use Mission Planner. It has options for waypoint circles and many other options. I have played with it some. Takes a while to learn. Member here wrote a program to convert the output file to litchi which can be found here.

Convert Mission Planner (ArduCopter) Waypoint Surveys to Litchi CSV Format to execute on DJI Drones​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000