DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you record with Goggles to the SD card on board?

tjcooper

Reactions
I have tried about six times now to record a Mavic Pro stream to the goggles SD card. While the record makes an "DJI_record" directory on the SD card, all of
the directories are empty. No video stream appears anywhere.

So can I hit the record button on the goggles during flight and get the video on the goggle's SD card?

I have noticed that on the SD card in the Mavio Pro that the video goes to directory: DCIM / 100Media

I have created that directory structure on the goggle's SD card and put a .mp4 video there.
The video shows up on the "local storage" of the goggles, but I cannot get the video (a movie theater video) to play. It says that the video cannot be played. It is less than 1.1 GB in size and I have tried both exFat and Fat32 cards of less than 64GB in size.
Anybody been successful at taking a MOV or .MP4 video from their computer on putting it on the goggle SD card and getting it to play on goggle screen?
tjcooper

To my knowledge any ‘record’ or ‘take picture’ command will only record video/photos only to the aircraft SD card.

I have tried about six times now to record a Mavic Pro stream to the goggles SD card. While the record makes an "DJI_record" directory on the SD card, all of
the directories are empty. No video stream appears anywhere.

So can I hit the record button on the goggles during flight and get the video on the goggle's SD card?

I have noticed that on the SD card in the Mavio Pro that the video goes to directory: DCIM / 100Media

I have created that directory structure on the goggle's SD card and put a .mp4 video there.
The video shows up on the "local storage" of the goggles, but I cannot get the video (a movie theater video) to play. It says that the video cannot be played. It is less than 1.1 GB in size and I have tried both exFat and Fat32 cards of less than 64GB in size.
Anybody been successful at taking a MOV or .MP4 video from their computer on putting it on the goggle SD card and getting it to play on goggle screen?
tjcooper

One of these is from page 7 and the other from page 19 of the manual.

RE Goggle SD.PNGRE Goggle SD2.PNG

Reactions: tjcooper
RE must have different feature set than original (white) Goggles...OP did not specify which set he owns.
Per the latest (white, not RE) manual, V1.6 you can only save a local screenshot on the SD card from the Goggles.

Last edited:
rangemaster728,
your estimation is correct. I have the "poor man's goggles from DJI". In its manual there is no mention of saving "record" to the SD on the goggles. I will check in V1.6 to see if anything has changed. I have hit the "record" two finger tap on the x,y panel and nothing has been recorded.

Does anyone know if you can import a non DJI video on the the goggles to be played from local storage?
tjcooper

tj - I have the ‘original’ goggles as well...the 1.6 manual added info on screenshots.

Yes, I believe I have exported a movie to an SD card and used the goggles as a player; later this morning I’ll haul them out, pull the card and let you know the file format/location.

I checked just now...
I was able to load an .mp4 file (a movie) to the \DCIM\100MEDIA folder and it plays fine...

BTW the file is 1.01GB, 2hrs, 2 minutes long with a frame width of 1280, frame height of 532.

I loaded a second movie as well; 1.17GB, mp4, 2hrs 10 mins, 1280x580... it played as well with no problems.

Much thanks for data. I will try again to see if my movie will play in the "local storage" area.
tjcooper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000