DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you share the actual capacity of your battery ?

boblui

Reactions
I have got 3 batteries for my M2P and recently I checked the capacity of the batteries on AirData and was quite surprised by the amount of capacity lost after just 25 cycles for each one :

Battery 1 : 3658 mAh ( 95% of the stated capacity )
Battery 2 : 3438 mAh ( 89% of the stated capacity )
Battery 3 : 3267 mAh ( 85% of the stated capacity )

I have been taking good care of the batteries. I stored them at cool places and always discharge them to about 50% before storage.

Can you share the current capacity of your batteries ? Just upload the .TXT flight log file in the phone to AirData and go to this page :

1605749984450.png

I have a related question. My batteries run down in the case when stored for as little as a week or so. Not all the way (yet) but by the second week they are all 3 at 25%.

I have a related question. My batteries run down in the case when stored for as little as a week or so. Not all the way (yet) but by the second week they are all 3 at 25%.
This is normal and by design. They will self discharge automatically according to the settings in GO4. You can set it anywhere from 2 to 10 days to start the discharge if my memory serves me. It is unhealthy for the batteries to stay fully charged for an extended length of time. Optimal storage is somewhere between 30-50%.

Reactions: boblui
Not what the OP is asking.
I am curious now - but I don't have a way that I know of to get the data he is asking for. Where can I find this on a Smart Controller?

This is normal and by design. Optimal storage is somewhere between 30-50%.
This certainly isn't normal. DJI discharge down to 2 lights and 3rd flashing. That is way above what your quoting and not what DJI states at all for normal storage at 40%-60%. It also is not normal for the batteries to drain down to 25% in 2 weeks as Ken R. states his batteries are "Storing" for the auto discharge cycle. My Batteries are all set to discharge in 3 days, I have went as far as a month and when checked they still are at 2 solid, one flashing so right at 55% to 60% where DJI has stated they should be.

If they fall below 40% (they may after a few months) because discharge circuit is still active, then they should be charged up to recommended charge minimum. That little manual that came with your batteries explains all of this ;) https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mav...igent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_EN.pdf

Reactions: Camino Ken
Not what the OP is asking.
I am curious now - but I don't have a way that I know of to get the data he is asking for. Where can I find this on a Smart Controller?
The SC wont show the actual data of full charge, just per cell voltage. You need to take your logs and do what he asked on first post on Air Data page. Pretty straight forward. Read first post again. If it's beyond your skill set, just take a pass :)

Or reading again are you asking where that log file is? Download logs from Mavic 2 Pro & SmartController

Last edited:
Correct - I located the file, copied it to the SD card and then determined that airdata.com needs an account login. I might create / pursue this. Is there any other way to extract the battery data - short of publishing the file publicly?

Correct - I located the file, copied it to the SD card and then determined that airdata.com needs an account login. I might create / pursue this. Is there any other way to extract the battery data - short of publishing the file publicly?
It used to be right in App, but upon looking they (DJI) have taken that away. We actually used to have battery health in there as well back in the Go 3 days..not sure why DJI feels the need to take away good features..I mean as of late most people don't have a clue how to use what they have now, so what does it matter if they leave more stuff for "us" to answer questions on :p Other than that ask the "Log gang".. I never had the need to mess with them unfortunately.

p.s. Drone magnets...that's funny right there :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeHugger
OK - so it was painless to sign up and upload data - my - as I expected it knows my exact location / address / etc. Very interesting data, and I may delve deeper into past flights as the cold months come on.

However - the particular log I sent - not a small log - 800K worth does NOT show the battery specifics in detail. See attached. Maybe due to me be flying Litchi, rather than G04. Rough estimate - the battery should show > 30 charges.

data.PNG

OK - so it was painless to sign up and upload data - my - as I expected it knows my exact location / address / etc. Very interesting data, and I may delve deeper into past flights as the cold months come on.

However - the particular log I sent - not a small log - 800K worth does NOT show the battery specifics in detail. See attached. Maybe due to me be flying Litchi, rather than G04. Rough estimate - the battery should show > 30 charges.

View attachment 117697
Possibly as the "log gang" can tell you for sure...might be tied to Go/Fly App side or Litchi has it's own logs?

View attachment 117697
The log produced by Litchi is wayyy.... simpler than that by the GO app so the battery capacity info is not there. You can try again by making a very short flight with the GO app - just take off and land immediately.

The log produced by Litchi is wayyy.... simpler than that by the GO app so the battery capacity info is not there. You can try again by making a very short flight with the GO app - just take off and land immediately.
I'll see what I can do for you this week if weather cooperates. I don't fly up in my hobby room in house as it blows my carpet runners everywhere :p That and my batteries are pretty new with maybe 10 charges on the 3 batteries, but info is info. ;) I actually did this about 8 months ago on my P3P batteries where info is actually in the Go 3 App still. None of my 3-4 year old batteries were under 94% so something is going on. Do you want manufacturing date as that is in battery tab?

Last edited:
Don’t think you can set the number of days anymore.
Originally you could not change the days on the M2, it was fixed at 10 days. Nobody understood why DJI did that. But when last year there was a rash of swollen batteries, DJI changed the app and firmware do that you could change the days and it defaulted to 5 days.

This certainly isn't normal. DJI discharge down to 2 lights and 3rd flashing. That is way above what your quoting and not what DJI states at all for normal storage at 40%-60%. It also is not normal for the batteries to drain down to 25% in 2 weeks as Ken R. states his batteries are "Storing" for the auto discharge cycle. My Batteries are all set to discharge in 3 days, I have went as far as a month and when checked they still are at 2 solid, one flashing so right at 55% to 60% where DJI has stated they should be.

If they fall below 40% (they may after a few months) because discharge circuit is still active, then they should be charged up to recommended charge minimum. That little manual that came with your batteries explains all of this ;) https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mav...igent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_EN.pdf
The auto discharge is normal but I definitely missed the 25%, which I agree is not normal. Thanks for correcting this.

I tried multiple times to get the AirData site to display the Total Capacity data. This included full Go4 flights with Litchi app killed off. Only on one occasion did it give me "number of times charged" but that number was not accurate.

Using Litchi on the Smart Controller does provide this data which I captured via screenshots. It seems reasonable between the three tested batteries. i.e. battery capacity lowers the more times it is charged.

The one battery charged 66 times show capacity close to your example for your third battery. However - I question the AirData interpretation; seeing as it is showing that particular battery having only been charged 2x. (in your screenshot)

Having said this - I abuse my batteries; often flying to 15 % and immediate recharge on the hottest days of this last summer. I expected failure / swelling to occur but haven't seen that yet.
I have a couple of more batteries I'll fly & record the data.

1.png2.png3.png

The one battery charged 66 times show capacity close to your example for your third battery. However - I question the AirData interpretation; seeing as it is showing that particular battery having only been charged 2x. (in your screenshot)

Having said this - I abuse my batteries; often flying to 15 % and immediate recharge on the hottest days of this last summer. I expected failure / swelling to occur but haven't seen that yet.
Thanks for sharing the data. Yes. Airdata is not showing the no. of cycles correctly in my case also. The fact that one of my batteries has lost 15% of capacity after just 25 cycles compared with 66 in your case makes me wonder whether the well being of batteries is more the result of production variation than maintenance practice.

Thanks for sharing the data. Yes. Airdata is not showing the no. of cycles correctly in my case also. The fact that one of my batteries has lost 15% of capacity after just 25 cycles compared with 66 in your case makes me wonder whether the well being of batteries is more the result of production variation than maintenance practice.
Sorry I forgot. Here are the last 2. Screenshotted using the Smart Controller.

4.PNG5.PNG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000