DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can your flight records be deleted or accessed?

ihavequestions

Reactions
How does the drone records work? With my phone and DJI go app, I'm logged into my account and I connect my drone, all my info is connected there. But if I sell the drone, the new person must also have their own signin and therefore can't access my flight records and such, right? I don't have to wipe the drone or do I?

flight records are in the app
I changed from android to ipad mini and all records had gone when installed it was clear
If your records where saved to the DJI servers with the app then you should be able to recover them on your other device. Just sync. I keep an iPhone and an iPad mini in sync like that without any problem.

If your records where saved to the DJI servers with the app then you should be able to recover them on your other device. Just sync. I keep an iPhone and an iPad mini in sync like that without any problem.
didn't need them so didn't look
but thanks for the info, should be helpful info also for 1st post question

How does the drone records work? With my phone and DJI go app, I'm logged into my account and I connect my drone, all my info is connected there. But if I sell the drone, the new person must also have their own signin and therefore can't access my flight records and such, right? I don't have to wipe the drone or do I?
None of the answers above are correct. There are two different kinds of flight records. The first kind is recorded on your phone and can be synced to your DJI account. This allows you to pull the flight records onto a new device with DJI Go on it. The second kind is what the drone itself records, and those cannot be wiped. They only start to get overwritten with new data. They are not bound to your account and anyone with technical skills can access them. The ones on your phone technically are not bound to your account either but they can be deleted if you wanted to delete them.

Reactions: marcorasi1960
None of the answers above are correct. There are two different kinds of flight records. The first kind is recorded on your phone and can be synced to your DJI account. This allows you to pull the flight records onto a new device with DJI Go on it. The second kind is what the drone itself records, and those cannot be wiped. They only start to get overwritten with new data. They are not bound to your account and anyone with technical skills can access them. The ones on your phone technically are not bound to your account either but they can be deleted if you wanted to delete them.
Let's go into a little more detail,on putting them on a new,or old device?

Let's go into a little more detail,on putting them on a new,or old device?
So if you were to acquire a new device, you would log in to that device and sync with your account. That would automatically download all of your old records on to your new device. With your old mobile device you can simply log out, and delete what's on there. Hell you can just uninstall the app and it would delete everything. But as for deleting the files on the drone itself, it's not possible.

I wiped all records off of my Mavic, I did it by accident but they never came back and upon sync with account those records then were blank, unless it has some other hidden files

So if you were to acquire a new device, you would log in to that device and sync with your account. That would automatically download all of your old records on to your new device. With your old mobile device you can simply log out, and delete what's on there. **** you can just uninstall the app and it would delete everything. But as for deleting the files on the drone itself, it's not possible.
Thanks,I went into my Go 4 app and synced my log (using the all tab) and all the records have returned.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
There is and additional micro sd card built into the Mavic that's I believe holds the flight logs regardless of account and it's more or less permanent unless you can somehow access is.

What exactly did you wipe and how?

There is and additional micro sd card built into the Mavic that's I believe holds the flight logs regardless of account and it's more or less permanent unless you can somehow access is.

This was about a month ago, I'd have to re-attempt it in order to remember what I did exactly.

I believe I plugged my Mavic into my Mac and it pulled up memory storage thinking this was my SD card, I wiped it, as it turns out the SD card wasn't onboard.

I will dig into this further this weekend as I would like to recover the information I deleted, there was some crash info I'd like to look at.

In March, I did a flight on the Oshun river and no record. Nothing. Not on DJI and nothing on Healthy Drones. Never saw it. Only the video

There is a possibility of the flight not recording in DJI Go/DJIServers/Airdata if it messes up/ app crashes. It will always be on the internal SD though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada