DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

canada

Liambasset

Reactions
need to register my Mavic pro 2 and pass a bloody exam, to be able to fly drones as of June 1st,then you cannot fly drone in National parks, apparently lot of 35 questions for basic licence are not related to drones our minister for transport canada use to be an astronaut does he think we are piloting apollo 11 opr Endeavour to the moon no we just want to make videos and take photos, jesus christ we here in canada are not trying to dock with the international space station for god's sake Marc Garneau please get with the program it's only a drone not the space shuttle we are piloting..

need to register my Mavic pro 2 and pass a bloody exam, to be able to fly drones as of June 1st,then you cannot fly drone in National parks, apparently lot of 35 questions for basic licence are not related to drones our minister for transport canada use to be an astronaut does he think we are piloting apollo 11 opr Endeavour to the moon no we just want to make videos and take photos, jesus christ we here in canada are not trying to dock with the international space station for god's sake Marc Garneau please get with the program it's only a drone not the space shuttle we are piloting..
Basic Exam is Fairly easy 5$ to register drone and 10$ for exam. Just know the Rules and Laws. You have 90 mins and Only need 65% to pass and you can google questions for answers. My 14yr old son just did it last month.
The advanced on the other hand is crazy hard 60 mins and need an 80% to pass 50 questions I think,I can’t remember. I passed basic 1st try and Advanced took 8 tries but finally past. I think to pass Advanced you might as well go for your Real Pilots Licence. Even though I passed advanced I still need to pass a flight Review to be able to apply to Transport Canada for advanced certification. I’m not sure I’m gonna do it. NoOne ever got back to me for a flight Review yet and cause I live in province of Quebec there almost all French or English is way off in LaLa Land. Greedy people just want the money this is gonna bring in

Reactions: Gareeee and Air_Joe
In space there's not much to hit. But people flying their new drone around without regard to basic safety rules poses a hazard to people on the ground as well as aircraft. You aren't the only one in the sky, and you aren't the only one in the national parks.

In space there's not much to hit. But people flying their new drone around without regard to basic safety rules poses a hazard to people on the ground as well as aircraft. You aren't the only one in the sky, and you aren't the only one in the national parks.

He means becoming a meteorologist or Daniel Bernoulli and Isaac Newton’s theory of flight.
There are some very irrelevant questions like how to De Ice an Aircraft.
You should learn to take things with a Grain of Salt. Lol [emoji23] get it salt “Mr Salty “
Have an awesome Day [emoji1690] and hang loose.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
just a quick question for canadian drone users
do you get your pilots certificate in the mail after you pass the basicc exam or do you just download when available in other words how do you get your pilot certificate mail or online

Reactions: BossOlive
Reading all about these new rules being introduced in June makes me realise how lucky I am to be visiting Vancouver in May!

I’m dreading the U.K. version that’s coming out later this year.

just a quick question for canadian drone users
do you get your pilots certificate in the mail after you pass the basicc exam or do you just download when available in other words how do you get your pilot certificate mail or online

As soon as you pass you get email with link to a PDF your gonna save and print.
Both your pilot certificate and registration certificate will be in PDF format.
Really easy just study the basics rules on Transport Canada website and google whenever you get stuck.
You will be fully certified and registered within an hour. [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Liambasset
As soon as you pass you get email with link to a PDF your gonna save and print.
Both your pilot certificate and registration certificate will be in PDF format.
Really easy just study the basics rules on Transport Canada website and google whenever you get stuck.
You will be fully certified and registered within an hour. [emoji106][emoji106]
thanks bossolive

I have passed the basic, currently studying for the advanced. I then ti intend to wait the six months and write the test to become a flight reviewer TNC is going to need lots of them. You need to associate with a flight school or , some sort of training facility. Yes the advance test is very airnatical a lot of things you dont need. But remember having a good understanding of what the sharing if the skys are all about gives good back ground knowledge. A mavic 2 only weights a few lbs, but the law covers up to a 25kg which is 55lbs, and allows flight in areas where people, air drones, parks etc etc so an understanding of the safety is important. Just imagine what a DJI drone weighting 55 lbs would look like and what it could possible carry. If anything the future may dictate a few more catigieries say at 5kg and under 10kg and under and 25kg and under. This may allow for better catergizing user in an more appropriate manner. Tyere well be growing pains for many years.

When ever I hear about new regulations, the first thing that enters my mind is WHERE IS THE MONEY?

I have passed the basic, currently studying for the advanced. I then ti intend to wait the six months and write the test to become a flight reviewer TNC is going to need lots of them. You need to associate with a flight school or , some sort of training facility. Yes the advance test is very airnatical a lot of things you dont need. But remember having a good understanding of what the sharing if the skys are all about gives good back ground knowledge. A mavic 2 only weights a few lbs, but the law covers up to a 25kg which is 55lbs, and allows flight in areas where people, air drones, parks etc etc so an understanding of the safety is important. Just imagine what a DJI drone weighting 55 lbs would look like and what it could possible carry. If anything the future may dictate a few more catigieries say at 5kg and under 10kg and under and 25kg and under. This may allow for better catergizing user in an more appropriate manner. Tyere well be growing pains for many years.

Absolutely it’s just you have to learn to be a weather man too. It’s so crazy. What kind of storm systems. Wake turbulence from airplanes.
How to build a Drone,what every pieces name is what direction each propeller turns. Squak signals the pilot telephony alphabet. It’s just a little to over board compared to part 107 in USA [emoji631]
Btw good luck. What I did is make a separate test out of all the questions for every time I didn’t pass. And that is what did the trick. You got this!!
I will come see you when you become a flight Reviewer. I hope you live in province of Quebec. [emoji119].
As always hang loose [emoji1690]

Last edited:
Reactions: Dukekar
69 years old...former principal and municipal councillor....consider myself fairly intelligent. Bought the MA in January as I love photography and liked the idea of a new hobby....good for the brain....learned and practiced flying techniques in Kaui this winter and got to know my bird..Love it.... took 2 attempts at the basic exam yesterday and to-day....most of the questions will not make drone pilots more responsible and safe. The test questions do set an academic threshold and invites the use of "google" simultaneously during the test which is sometimes not helpful when questions are complex with many variables. Just glad to get that out of the way.....I suspect many will just ignore the test and not register. With a bit of planning and consulting, a drone test could make operators more knowledgable within the confines of our 400 ft air space.....so many violations show up in videos being posted especially when using the tracking mode and flying over people.

what aboutt for foreigners like myself that just going to canada for a few days, what can i do? all info i saw requires me to have a canadian residency

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna