DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian drone law

You can fly in the Philippines where is no Drone law for now. Anyway, the test is just $10 per exam. You can self review or go to school. I have not pass the exam yet but I will try pretty soon[/QUOTE

just came back 3 weeks ago,yup as of now there is no drone law back home but there are some restricted area though like some high end resort its a no drone zone,thanks kabayan I’m gonna try in two weeks time & see how it goes

Hi guys, I’m a Canadian citizen but now live in Australia and would love to take my Mavic Air as I’m going back for a month with my family. After researching the new rules I’m confused on if I can apply to take the basic exam or not... I am a Canadian citizen but not permanent resident. Or am I just better off leaving it at home unfortunately? Any answers would be greatly appreciated as I put in a call to TC and had to leave a message and haven’t got a response back.

Hi guys, I’m a Canadian citizen but now live in Australia and would love to take my Mavic Air as I’m going back for a month with my family. After researching the new rules I’m confused on if I can apply to take the basic exam or not... I am a Canadian citizen but not permanent resident. Or am I just better off leaving it at home unfortunately? Any answers would be greatly appreciated as I put in a call to TC and had to leave a message and haven’t got a response back.

Considering the restrictions on flying near buildings, people, tourist attractions, national and provincial parks... unless you plan on flying it around the lakes or around an empty park or crown land, sadly it's hardly worth it.

Well, I’ll actually be two weeks in BC with exactly those circumstances. Private land, lakes, crown land.
So I guess my question is: can I take the basic exam as a citizen but not a permanent resident?

Well, I’ll actually be two weeks in BC with exactly those circumstances. Private land, lakes, crown land.
So I guess my question is: can I take the basic exam as a citizen but not a permanent resident?

If you've got proof of Canadian citizenship, you're a Canuck. Apply away.

If not, see below:

"Foreign residents are not eligible to register or operate a drone in Canada. If you are a foreign resident and wish to operate a drone in Canada, you must
1. apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate. (SFOC)" "Extra rules apply if you're a foreign operator (you are not Canadian and you fly in Canadian airspace). You must have an approved certificate to fly a drone for work or research " It appears Canada assumes if your not from Canada your not flying for recreation.
2. The SFOC requires non-Canadian citizens to go to an approved Canadian Flight School
3. Send the form and documents to the Civil Aviation regional office in the region where you intend to fly"

You can apply for the drone exam because you are a Canadian citizen as simple as that

just came back 3 weeks ago,yup as of now there is no drone law back home but there are some restricted area though like some high end resort its a no drone zone,thanks kabayan I’m gonna try in two weeks time & see how it goes
We went last time to a resort in Bataan (Camaya Coast, not really high end like Boracay etc.) and all they are asking is just a heads up and written approval from the management. They are very accommodating and all they are asking me is not to shoot the bad looking part of the resort

Reactions: pinoydrone
I’m not surprise at all,I was away for 3 mos just came back,they said its a hard test,feel like take the course(drone school)before take the exam.
The test isn't really that hard but it is annoying. You can read my little rant about it here:

I did a free online course at a site called Altex Academy. They really help you prep for the exam.

Reactions: pinoydrone
The test isn't really that hard but it is annoying. You can read my little rant about it here:

I did a free online course at a site called Altex Academy. They really help you prep for the exam.
Congrats on you passing the exam. I will try to challenge it first and then if I keep on failing then I will enroll for the course...

Reactions: CraigIvyBryan

thanks for the tip I enrolled already for free online course,its just close-by from my house incase I need the full course in the near future[emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife