DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick rant about the Transport Canada Drone Pilot exam

CraigIvyBryan

Reactions
Finally got around to taking (and passing ?) my recreational drone pilot exam up here in Canada, and I gotta say….Transport Canada needs to work on their testing format. That exam was way more annoying than it needed to be. At no time does a recreational VLOS drone pilot need to know; what the process is called for the formation of frost, how much alcohol is allowed in your system if you are acting as Visual Observer, or how to deal with communications from a control tower if you’re flying in controlled air space. All those situations only apply to COMMERCIAL drone pilots. They have nothing to do with the average person that wants to fly in their local park. Right now it seems that there’s just one test that is being used for both recreational and commercial drone pilots. This just makes it more difficult (and potentially costly), for recreational pilots to get their license…..(SMH).

Now that I got that out of my system all I need to do is buy a shirt that says “Bugger off! I’m a Transport Canada licensed drone pilot.” ??

Reactions: Grog and pinoydrone
I need one of those shirts too LOL - from Nova Scotia here - just remember the exam is for all UAV's not just drones !!!

Reactions: CraigIvyBryan
If you think that was an over kill...just try your hand at the advanced certification....I completed mine, including the flight review a few weeks ago. I was fortunate to have chosen an excellent course and instructor. Look around, it seems that many other countries are now looking at how TC has implemented their certifications. It's coming to the FAA soon. I want one of those T-shirts too!

Reactions: CraigIvyBryan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov