DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadians who ordered MA 2 directly from DJI

Hi. I ordered my first drone on Sunday June 07 and I received on Wednesday June 10. Wasn't expecting so fast. MA2 fly more combo already charged and ready for first flight.
Very happy for you (and jealous at at the same time ;))! I ordered mine on June 9th and just received an email from DJI tonight that shipment will be delayed...

Hopefully won't be too long! The anticipation is painful.

Hi All,

This question is off topic, but is for all those in Canada.

Did you all get the Drone Pilot Certification from Transport Canada before your first flight?

I’m itching to take her out, but still haven’t taken the online test.

Hi All,

Did you all get the Drone Pilot Certification from Transport Canada before your first flight?

I'd encourage you to take the test, and you will need to study for it. But its worth the investment in time. You don't want to get caught and face multiple fines. $1000 flying without a license, + $1000 un-registered drone, +$1000 within 30m of others, + $1000 for flying in the wrong airspace. etc. Having knowledge of the rules will help when a nosey "karen" type decides to confront you, or calls the police.

Not directed at anyone in particular: But, flying without a license also puts the hobby at risk for everybody else. There are a lot of people fearful of drones, and the more "bad things" that happen, the more ammunition they have. There have been very little incidents in Canada since the rules are very easy to comply with, and the fee's for testing are reasonable. Lets encourage everybody to get their license!

Reactions: Uncle Chakka
I don’t know about our friends in the North but, down here and talking from firsthand experience, DJI Select doesn’t work. Maybe I should wait for my DJI Christmas present...

I ordered direct from DJI on 4/29. My status has not moved from “Paid” since. I was just wondering if any Canadians have received shipping info from DJI yet? Not really interested in hearing about Best Buy or any other Canadian resellers as there are threads including them. What’s your current status with DJI?
I ordered mine from DJI the evening of the Launch on November 4. I received the Drone on the afternoon of November 12th. I did receive a response from DJI on the 5th telling me that it was with shipping and I received a tracking number at that time.

Hi All,

There really isn't any excuse to not at least do the Basic.

It's $10 & designed to be doable by someone with limited knowledge and access to google. Most people I know that have taken it went in blind before they started studying for their Advanced and passed it on the first go.

Reactions: Uncle Chakka
There really isn't any excuse to not at least do the Basic.

It's $10 & designed to be doable by someone with limited knowledge and access to google. Most people I know that have taken it went in blind before they started studying for their Advanced and passed it on the first go.
Thanks MrHawkeye, have the course done and had a couple of great flights!

Reactions: MrHawkeye
Thinking of ordering from the DJI store, so no one up to this point has paid any extra taxes or customs charges being shipped into Canada.

Thinking of ordering from the DJI store, so no one up to this point has paid any extra taxes or customs charges being shipped into Canada.

Every time I purchased direct from the DJI store there have never been any taxes or customs charges. And delivered by DHL every time for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura