DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canceled my order and I feel better

After thinking about it for sometime. I decided to cancel my Mavic order and I feel better no more wondering when I am getting my Mavic. It was hard decision for me to make but waiting for DJI to get their act together has no place for me. I am going to put this whole new Mavic thing under the bed. I will maybe one day order a Mavic or just wait till the Mavic Pro 2 comes out. In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy flying my RC planes and helicopters.
Same

I agree, I live in Alaska, I can't fly it outdoors much till spring, but being able to take it as carry on luggage when I go somewhere warm on vacation makes it worth it. I ordered mine on the 2nd day that they started taking pre-orders and have it now and no regrets about the wait. I love it and I'm very excited about having it with me while biking this summer when the sun never goes down.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I agree, I live in Alaska, I can't fly it outdoors much till spring, but being able to take it as carry on luggage when I go somewhere warm on vacation makes it worth it. I ordered mine on the 2nd day that they started taking pre-orders and have it now and no regrets about the wait. I love it and I'm very excited about having it with me while biking this summer when the sun never goes down.

I flew in -4F yesterday for the maiden up in Fairbanks, and today it's -17F. Not sure if I'm that brave yet. I'm glad I'm getting into tiny whoops to distract me from my Mavic.

Reactions: EasyV
I flew in -4F yesterday for the maiden up in Fairbanks, and today it's -17F. Not sure if I'm that brave yet. I'm glad I'm getting into tiny whoops to distract me from my Mavic.

What are you getting for battery life in those temps?

I'm in Tok, you guys have been colder than us this week, I believe if you just do a Quick flight and don't give it much time to cool off too much you will be fine however I did get a "low battery temperature" warning

Yeah, sad!! I cancelled my order too. Still want one, will probably get one (or similar) first Q next year - someone will be happy to get theirs (mine) earlier and good luck to them. I just got tired of being told half-truths and BS'd both by DJI and dealer. Not a place I am comfortable being in or around. Hopefully there are Sales and Marketing lessons and professional behavior notes quite a few can learn from - if they really care. Yeah, I know, DJI does not care about a few cancelled orders, but one day they will be wondering where their reputation went - Can't think of a Company that has dissed so many customers being around in the long term! The competition will have all these functions and features in their next models, hope DJI can keep the mojo coming! Happy flying!

Reactions: UAV Man
What are you getting for battery life in those temps?
Didn't want to push my luck, the flight was only about 8 minutes or so before I brought it in. I would like to put some thin foam-plate style insulation on top or maybe a hand warmer. Going to fly with the dome on too next time, should help temps.

Didn't want to push my luck, the flight was only about 8 minutes or so before I brought it in. I would like to put some thin foam-plate style insulation on top or maybe a hand warmer. Going to fly with the dome on too next time, should help temps.
keep the info coming, I'm moving to Canada early 2017 full time and haven't yet experienced the proper cold yet. Would love to do some videoing but struggle in the UK with Inspire and battery temps. Also worried about freezing prop edges...

keep the info coming, I'm moving to Canada early 2017 full time and haven't yet experienced the proper cold yet. Would love to do some videoing but struggle in the UK with Inspire and battery temps. Also worried about freezing prop edges...
8 minutes wow, I'm not that brave, mine was only about a minute. My experience with the Blade 350 QX was that you needed to cold soak it before getting it in the air but I don't want to take a chance with the Mavic, I think I'll just wait till it warms up till at least 20 above. -38 here this morning!

In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy flying my RC planes and helicopters.
Made the same decision not because of delay but after reading many accounts of early adopter angst on this forum. You might consider a Bebop 2 as an interim solution. Same size and configuration as Mavic but doesn't fold. The FPV pack is going for $499 now. The little BB 2 has provided many trouble-free hours of fun flying. Maybe visit Mavic again in a year.

Just wait it out folks. I was pissed and moaned like everyone else and then I got the email that it shipped. I would have waited 2 more months had I known how fantastic the product would be. Were DJI unapologetic a-holes in how this was handled ? FOR SURE however they did deliver an awesome product !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk