DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canceled my order and I feel better

rcartie

Reactions
After thinking about it for sometime. I decided to cancel my Mavic order and I feel better no more wondering when I am getting my Mavic. It was hard decision for me to make but waiting for DJI to get their act together has no place for me. I am going to put this whole new Mavic thing under the bed. I will maybe one day order a Mavic or just wait till the Mavic Pro 2 comes out. In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy flying my RC planes and helicopters.

Personally I think its the best decision, I cancelled mine after continued DJI™ BS. I struggle to invest in a company that treats its customers so badly and will wait to see if they improve their service and invest more. Again in my opinion I think they'll have a Mavic 1a out early 2017 correcting a few weaknesses in the current model.

I've had a play with the new Mavic and although its a cute little product, with the release of the Phantom 4 Pro it really shows where DJI are investing the time. Size is a huge factor with Mavic but for every thing else P4P beats it.

Just my opinion!!

ps. sorry for the reiteration of the term 'my opinion' but the 'FANBOYS' will be on here..;) LOL see below for proof.... DJI could burn their xmas tree down and they'd still buy so we are all f'd.... fools.

Last edited:
Nice to hear from someone that feels the same about DJI

I've had a play with the new Mavic and although its a cute little product, with the release of the Phantom 4 Pro it really shows where DJI are investing the time. Size is a huge factor with Mavic but for every thing else P4P beats it.

They've certainly have had to invest MUCH more time in developing the Mavic and its completely different platform than to just refresh the P4...
And yes the Mavic is EVERYTHING about the size. If that's not what you're after then it's simply not for you.

Nice to hear from someone that feels the same about DJI
Quite a lot of people do, I've had an Inspire for 2 years and although I love the build quality of DJI stuff making a commercial decision to partner with this company is silly. The way the Dealers have bene treated with the Mavic release is appalling.

They've certainly have had to invest MUCH more time in developing the Mavic and its completely different platform than to just refresh the P4...
And yes the Mavic is EVERYTHING about the size. If that's not what you're after then it's simply not for you.
Hi Kilrah, I think the Mavic platform has its place for sure and I'm intrigued to see where this type of action drone goes. If they could just squeeze a premium camera on it I'd bite the bullet.

Sorry for the time you missing flying Mavic ,if you handled properly is a great machine ,so far for me so good ! ,I'm watching You Tube videos of Mavic and some folks handle the drone like a tractor .

Giving up is the only sure way to fail !!

Reactions: Romi
Sorry for the time you missing flying Mavic ,if you handled properly is a great machine ,so far for me so good ! ,I'm watching You Tube videos of Mavic and some folks handle the drone like a tractor .

I noticed the tractor pilots.. LOL

If 'giving up is the only sure way to fail'? Whats a good phrase for blind faith in a inept dubious company that deceives customers?

:p

Well I can understand people cancelling their Mavic because I did the very same yesterday. After waiting over two months and still no sign of it I had enough. It's pretty well winter here now so I wouldn't use it until the spring meaning if I got it now that would be three months of the warranty I would loose just having it sit in its box. Maybe by spring 2017 there will be a new Mavic out. I still have my Phantom 2 Vision plus to use.

uAV man. Sorry ,that frase is always in my notes ,,like a signature ,nothing intentional to hurt you,but I understand your frustration, talking to my wife ,like a month ago about the delay and she told me " yes wait for the Mavic ,what the heck ,looks like a great drone according those You Tube videos .." I really enjoy the time with Mavic ,amazing design of technology ! Happy Holidays !! I'm 65 now ,is not much time for me to gave up wishes .

Reactions: Romi
Well I can understand people cancelling their Mavic because I did the very same yesterday. After waiting over two months and still no sign of it I had enough. It's pretty well winter here now so I wouldn't use it until the spring meaning if I got it now that would be three months of the warranty I would loose just having it sit in its box. Maybe by spring 2017 there will be a new Mavic out. I still have my Phantom 2 Vision plus to use.
My thoughts exactly... Go the thermal vest on the Inspire... Thumbswayup

Mavic 2 in the spring.....

uAV man. Sorry ,that frase is always in my notes ,,like a signature ,nothing intentional to hurt you,but I understand your frustration, talking to my wife ,like a month ago about the delay and she told me " yes wait for the Mavic ,what the heck ,looks like a great drone according those You Tube videos .." I really enjoy the time with Mavic ,amazing design of technology ! Happy Holidays !! I'm 65 now ,is not much time for me to gave up wishes .

HAHA I guessed but great trigger for a dig at DJI... sorry :rolleyes:

Some folks will thank you for bumping up the queue. With Mavic beating the crap out of Karma and now Karma had been pulled off the shelves it only means demand for Mavic is through the roof until Xmas

Well-rewarded patience? :)
triplex.gif

My signature note was related to always my intention to come to this country ,I'm an immigrant become citizen by choice ; the main character on the movie " The Shawshank Redemption" Andy Dufresne said once " Hope is a good thing ,is the best of things " ,but is not a bad idea waiting for the second version of Mavic .

My signature note was related to always my intention to come to this country ,I'm an immigrant become citizen by choice ; the main character on the movie " The Shawshank Redemption" Andy Dufresne said once " Hope is a good thing ,is the best of things " ,but is not a bad idea waiting for the second version of Mavic .

Love the Shawshank!!

My story goes back 2+ years with DJI experiences so a little different from most. Always had lies and bad service, not to mention many hardware revisions of Inspire after I purchased to fix issues... grrrr ultimately Mavic with 1 inch sensor I'd buy.... otherwise I'll keep buzzing the mountains with Inspire. :D

There was way too much hype when the Mavic was first announced this past September, everyone wanted it "now", impatience festered from day one. Buyers quickly cleaned house in preparation of receipt of this new miracle by selling their current birds assuming deliveries would be pouring in, no one expected the waiting, the mess of what followed. Nearly 3 months later, many have finally received their Mavic and most are very pleased, having forgotten much of what they went through, while others can only read of others enjoying their new Mavics, while still waiting daily for their own shipping notice to arrived via email.
Although some swear they'll never ever go through this disaster again, you can bet that a repeat of such will likely happen when the next "wonder of the world" is announced within the next year and a new thread is created with 250,0000 plus posts bitching of how poorly people are being treated by DJI. We allow this to happen and can't expect it to be any different the next time around. We certainly can learn how to expedite the process and perhaps order from those that don't take are money in advance of shipment,
I live in an area that experiences some pretty nasty winter weather however, I plan to travel during the winter. For me, receipt and use of my Mavic this time of the year was beneficial. For some that live under similar winter conditions, there might be some benefit by waiting till Spring as prices will likely drop and/or possibly seeing some improvements released between now and then. Those that decide to hang in there, the Mavic is worth every penny and then some. Enjoy!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78