DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cancelling hold at 1.5' when landing

Storyline

Reactions
Had the maiden flight of my Mavic Pro yesterday. As I had many hours on an original Phantom 1, the flight didn't cause too much adrenaline flow despite flying out over water ;). However there was one part I found disconcerting and that was the landing. I flew the Mavic down backwards until it was over my new pop-up landing mat. I got it lined up at say 6' and started to descend. I was expecting a pause at 1.5' as I had actually read the manual ! However I thought it would continue to descend if I kept the left stick down but it didn't, it just hovered there. I kept the stick down and eventually it went down and said "Landing" and when on the ground the motors stopped. I did not like it and felt that I was not in control. Is there any way to cancel this pause at 1.5' ?

it may be the downward sensors, try the same landing in sport mode, switch on the side, that should diesengage the sensors

After turning off the "Landing Protection" setting (see below) in DJI GO, you'll have full control of the Mavic until it lands on the ground.

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Seems like an odd behavior
I have all my sensors turned on and in auto mode and I never use the "Sport" mode.
When I want to land, I simply position the MP above my chosen spot and hold the throttle stick all the way down.
The MP descends and pauses at 2-3 feet for about 3 seconds and then it lands and shuts down the motors.
I never let go of the full down throttle position until after the motors stop.

The MP descends and pauses at 2-3 feet for about 3 seconds and then it lands and shuts down the motors.
That's what the OP is describing above. He doesn't like the automated landing action that occurs after that short pause. If you let go of the throttle at that point, your Mavic will continue to land (since it's automated).

I flew at night once so I had to turn the landing protection and VPS off. It landed very hard because I was expecting it hover before it lands. I landed at full speed lol.

Reactions: genesimmons
... it just hovered there. I kept the stick down and eventually it went down and said "Landing" and when on the ground the motors stopped. I did not like it and felt that I was not in control. Is there any way to cancel this pause at 1.5' ?
This is one of the "features" that I actually like. It protects the Mavic from hard landings.

I suggest you get comfortable with hand launch and land. This keeps the Mavic out of the dust/debris/grass/rocks/whatever and makes it possible to fly from any location. The Real Heavy Metal made a nice video showing how to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada