DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot activate new Mavic Pro - tried two computers

stonecherub

Reactions
I'm going to toss this out into the community because I don't know what else to do. After crashing my first Mavic, I ordered a spare, bare drone, from B&H which arrived Friday, last. Being put off by DJI's relentlessly encroaching limits, I carefully avoided upgrading anything, flying all spring, and occasionally, in the summer with the same firmware.

When the new bird arrived, I tried to connect to the controller, eventually succeeding by upgrading the firmware and Go 4. At that point, everything fell apart. I was able to go through the steps of activate with DJI through the controller using the iPad's wi-fi, up to the final screen, and that locked everything. Go 4 connected on that page on every subsequent attempt.

Then I tried Assistant (latest version) on a USB cable - fail. I have since removed and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2.1.1.2.573 from my desktop computer
Connected controller - cannot download firmware list - please retry. Round and round the little wheel goes. Installed Assistant on ASUS laptop, exact same behavior for controller.

Connected Mavic to ASUS. Firmware page starts with the word "current" (presumably meaning right now as they use it in the flight logs).
Download icon spins and spins and ... "Cannot download firmware list"
On retry spins for less time but cannot download.

SO, I have tried TWO computers and have gotten the exact same response from both of them. That would suggest the problem is with DJI.

"Lance" (where do they get these names?) at DJI support in China (he goes to work at 5 pm, Tucson time) has been less than helpful.

Does anybody out there know if DJI has a "zero" to which I can go back and start over? I've got a front coming to my volcanoes that promises clear air Saturday and Sunday.

I have since removed and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2.1.1.2.573
Why that old version? It's deprecated and won't work anymore.

Could hope that if you have an issue you'd go to the website and grab the current version, which is v1.2.4.

While it is true that I am an old fart, am I being fooled that 2.1.1... is a higher number (as in later version) than 1.2.4, or is that in Chinese?

Reactions: Steve Murray
Just downloaded the latest version and it seems to be working.

Reactions: dawgpilot
While it is true that I am an old fart, am I being fooled that 2.1.1... is a higher number (as in later version) than 1.2.4, or is that in Chinese?
Nope - that's DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.2.573 - the OP ran the numbers together. The first 2 is not part of the version number ;)

Except I don't seem to be able to calibrate it and I'm not that shaky, yet.

I had some issues with my Mavic Pro 2 when I first recieved it, in the mail from DJI. I could not get the firmware to take or the drone to activated. I am also a network and software engineer. the solution to my problem: I download the software from DJI to one of my computers and connected the drone to one of the usb ports on my computer and from there the software took over, and I just follow the on screen prompts to update my drone and batteries.

at the end the software updates, the software walked me thru on calibrating my Mavic pro 2.

Except I don't seem to be able to calibrate it and I'm not that shaky, yet.
Calibrate what? If the vision sensors won't calibrate try a different resolution on your monitor or a different monitor.

You have to point the drone sensors at the pattern on the monitor
And follow the instructions on the computer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos