DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't activate. Go 4 ignores my wifi

Perrymoon

Reactions
hi!

I bought my Mavic Pro on Friday. I am trying to register the aircraft with DJI GO 4 (android, Nexus 7 2013). at the last step of registration I get a message stating I have no Internet, but my tablet is well connected. I have tried several wifi sources but no success.

Screenshot_2017-09-03-17-35-47.png

Any idea hpw to fix this?
Thank you very much

I got fed up trying to connect with my phone. My eventual solution was to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. It may work for your Nexus.

Last edited:
I got fed up trying to connect with my phone. My eventual solution was to uninstall the app and ten reinstall it. It may work for your Nexus.
Thank you, Bite Baykon. Unfortunately already did that a couple of times and didn't work for me :-/

Sorry to hear that. I'm a relative newbie so the only other suggestion is to do a search in this Forum, with something like "Nexus connection" maybe somebody else has had your problem. I suppose the ultimate would be contacting DJI. Wish you luck. If (when) you find a solution post on this Forum for others.

Sorry to hear that. I'm a relative newbie so the only other suggestion is to do a search in this Forum, with something like "Nexus connection" maybe somebody else has had your problem. I suppose the ultimate would be contacting DJI. Wish you luck. If (when) you find a solution post on this Forum for others.

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately 3 days passed since I've bought it and no success.

Dji chat was quite surreal, they were sending me videos on how to activate it but they weren't focusing on my precise problem: the button "activate" that leads to the "no connection" message. I told them I had the last firmware update from DJI GO 4, yet they made me install Assistance 2 to try activate the aircraft from my imac (A2 doesn't even come with an option to activate the drone).

I have used the battery of the drone for three times, and didn't get to go beyond the activation button.

Have you tried using your phone just to activate then use the nexus to fly?

My phone can't even install the DJI GO App, it's an old Samsung Core Lite LTE. I will try to find someone with a good phone that can let me try to do so.

What I have observed: If I am not connected, the "no connected" message appears as soon as I click the "activate" button. If I am connected, it takes a while (from 2 seconds to 5) to state that I have no connection.

Could always ask if there's any dji owners local to you as they will have already registered and have the app on their phone / device so you know you won't have the same issue

Now I am pretty surprised. I got to install the app to my Samsung phone despite being a weak, old phone. I connected the drone, everything good as with my Nexus 7 II (aircraft detected, activate process opened as usual), but SAME THING: When I click the "activate" button it says that I need an internet connection to proceed. This time I was connected through the telephone data........

I have no idea what this problem comes from.

What version or the app are you using? Its currently upto 4.1.8 yet mine says no updates and I'm using 4.1.5, maybe an issue with the latest version or your devices are downloading very old versions which dji may have blocked as they want everyone to be on the latest
Just a thought maybe incorrect

What version or the app are you using? Its currently upto 4.1.8 yet mine says no updates and I'm using 4.1.5, maybe an issue with the latest version or your devices are downloading very old versions which dji may have blocked as they want everyone to be on the latest
Just a thought maybe incorrect

I have tried both DJI GO 4 and DJI GO (original version), both available in the Google Play store. Both give me the exact same problem. What it's curious is that in both apps and both devices I get the same problem when clicking "activate". It's really in this final step that something happens.

Little update on this case.

DJI Support assumed they are having issues with their app GO 4. We are currently different users having this problem. They are talking to their engineers to solve it. Another affected was contacted to try making the activation through SN. No success for now.

FIXED WITH UNOFFICIAL, TEMPORARY SOLUTION

For anyone having the same problem, this is a temporary solution at least for Android devices:

1. Uninstall DJI GO from your tablet / phone

2. Open Chrome

3. Tap apkpure.com

4. Look for "DJI GO"

5. Click on "DJI GO - For products before P4"

6. Once on the App page, scroll down until "Version History", and download version 3.1.8

7. Once downloaded, open the file and install the app.

8. Open the App.

9. Switch on RC, switch on Aircraft. Connect RC to phone / tablet. If a prompt appears telling you that you need DJI GO 4, disconnect the RC from the phone and re-open the app. Once the app is opened, connect the RC to phone again: the activation process will overlap the "dji go prompt".

10. Proceed with the activation process

This video can help to illustrate the process, but it's important to download 3.1.8, other than that the App will tell you that it's too old and will force you to download newer version:

Another option is on your pc, use a hardwired cable for the internet, I found my Mavic kills my wireless in my house. Cabled internet, no issue.

Another possibility....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143