DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't believe I replaced the gimbal

Geo

Reactions
After a perfect year with my MP I went to a deserted golf course to film what a golf ball sees when flying over the course. Well there was a little rise in the course and the Mavic went right into the side of it, more towards the top and ripped the camera off. Upon inspection the only real damage was the multi strand wire was torn. That wire is $45. Watched the video on how to replace it. Probably could do it, but decided an entire assembly ready to drop in for $220 was a better idea. Ordered on Ebay and it literally comes over a slow boat from China. About 3 weeks later it showed up. In a DJI bag, fully OEM. Watched the video as I progressed
. It was easy till 1 screw wouldn't come out. Of course the head was now stripped. Took a Dremel and cut a groove across the top. Took a regular screw driver and it came right out. That screw took about an hour though as I tried everything to get it out. Also got the tip from YouTube. 4 screws hold the gimbal, it then literally drops out and I dropped the new one in and connected the jack. Put the top back on and powered it up. The gimbal twirled, YEAAAA!!!
Went out for a test flight and it was perfect. Actually think the color may have been better.
So if I did it you can.
I will get maybe $40 for the old camera/gimbal on Ebay.

I'd ask for more than that if I was you, typically $30 camera, $50 motors, $40 silver cable, $8 per cover 3 main covers, PCB not sure but say $50

If you are selling the broken one cheap though I'm sure Thunderdrones will take it off your hands for spares

Reactions: Geo
Probably could do it, but decided an entire assembly ready to drop in for $220 was a better idea. Ordered on Ebay and it literally comes over a slow boat from China. About 3 weeks later it showed up. In a DJI bag, fully OEM.

Hi
Can you please give me a link to that ebay site? I consider the same. Every thing works except for roll gimbal after a crash.
Do not want to spend hours replacing the cable.
/Johan

Reactions: ZiggyP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs