DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect

Does your phone charge when it's connected to your computer?

Okay, an amendment; this is an old laptop my wife pulled out of the drawer...it's used because we can't connect to the internet out here where we are with it...however, after getting it to come on, after awhile (charge this phone...charge connected device...file transfer...photo transfer...system update...MIDI) came up on my phone screen.

Reactions: wsteele
I assume this suggests that the USB cable is good.???
Yes.

after awhile (charge this phone...charge connected device...file transfer...photo transfer...system update...MIDI) came up on my phone screen.
Good!

And, you're sure those options never appear when connecting your phone to the remote controller? If not, did you try connecting your phone to the port on the left side of the remote controller?

BTW, if you're using the bottom USB port on the remote controller, you should not have a cable plugged into the left side of the remote controller.

Absolutely positive they have never appeared...yes I have tried the original side cable that comes with Mavic...and yes when using bottom USB port, side port is unplugged, empty.

Is there any way you can free up some space on your iPhone so you can install DJI GO and try getting it to connect? That would at least rule out your mobile device as the cause of the problem (which doesn't seem to be the problem).

By the way Msinger, I simply don't have adequate words to express my appreciation and thanks for trying to help a "computer illiterate" like me...please know also I am doing my best to help you help, help me!

No problem. You're doing just fine so far ;)

Reactions: mulemanSok
I got rid of the I Phone...however, we did get an 8" Samsung tablet the same day I bought the Samsung Note 8. It's Android system, and the last time we were in the city (60 miles one way) we used Verizon's Wi-Fi to install the DJI GO 4 App...would that help?
The same day I uninstalled, and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 App on the Note 8.

Yes. I just want to see if you can reproduce the same behavior (where the USB option does not show when swiping down) on a different mobile device. You don't even need to have DJI GO on the mobile device to see that option.

For the record, I just plugged the turned on controller to the Samsung tablet...no USB options appear. At this point, given my limited knowledge on this, I am assuming I have a faulty controller...???

Perhaps.

Try this:
  • Download the DJI Assistant 2 application from here and install it on your computer
  • Start the DJI Assistant 2 application
  • Power on your remote controller
  • Connect the remote controller to your computer by plugging a micro USB cable into the left side of the remote controller
Does the DJI Assistant 2 application detect the remote controller? If so, you should see a screen like this:

DJIAssistant.jpg

My phone keeps getting "Ronin Assistant" when I type in assistant 2...I have Robin downloaded, but nothing like that comes up...I tried with controller on ... same result as when nothing is even plugged in.

We cannot down load anything to the computer...we have no provision for linking to the internet...no wi-fi out here...

My phone keeps getting "Ronin Assistant" when I type in assistant 2
The DJI Assistant 2 application can only be installed on a computer.

Are you able to use someone else's computer?

If you can get it connected to the DJI Assistant 2 application, I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to try to upgrade the firmware on the remote controller. That's not guaranteed to fix anything, but it's worth a try.

Another option -- if you purchased your Mavic from Amazon (or another seller that has a quick & easy replacement process), then another option would be to just return your Mavic and get a new one.

Reactions: mulemanSok
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman