DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't even get started

MikeO

Reactions
Hi there,

Can't believe my first post here (other than my "Hello") is going to sound so dull.:(

I charged everything up on my new Mavic Pro yesterday and then went about setting up, as detailed in a number of YouTube videos. All went well (I had connection and a camera picture), but it needed software and firmware upgrades.

I was expecting this, so followed the prompts and successfully loaded the new software. The firmware downloaded and was being transferred until it reached 99%. Then I got a dialogue box telling me to disconnect the power lead to complete the upgrade. Since the only power lead I had connected was the one joining my iPhone (7+) to the remote I unplugged it.

The upload stayed at 99% for about 20 minutes with no sign that anything was happening. Eventually I shut everything down and called it a day.

This morning I started again. The remote can speak to the aircraft, but the DJI GO4 App is showing 'disconnected'. I've rebooted everything and pressed the 'link' button next to the SD card slot, which caused the remote to re-link to the aircraft, but the App remains resolutely disconnected.

I am sure I have made a basic and silly error here. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

The Remote is showing ATTI MODE alternating with READY TO GO in the main display area...

Thanks,

Mike

Hi there,

Can't believe my first post here (other than my "Hello") is going to sound so dull.:(

I charged everything up on my new Mavic Pro yesterday and then went about setting up, as detailed in a number of YouTube videos. All went well (I had connection and a camera picture), but it needed software and firmware upgrades.

I was expecting this, so followed the prompts and successfully loaded the new software. The firmware downloaded and was being transferred until it reached 99%. Then I got a dialogue box telling me to disconnect the power lead to complete the upgrade. Since the only power lead I had connected was the one joining my iPhone (7+) to the remote I unplugged it.

The upload stayed at 99% for about 20 minutes with no sign that anything was happening. Eventually I shut everything down and called it a day.

This morning I started again. The remote can speak to the aircraft, but the DJI GO4 App is showing 'disconnected'. I've rebooted everything and pressed the 'link' button next to the SD card slot, which caused the remote to re-link to the aircraft, but the App remains resolutely disconnected.

I am sure I have made a basic and silly error here. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

The Remote is showing ATTI MODE alternating with READY TO GO in the main display area...

Thanks,

Mike

tr4y this pal

Delete and re- install GO 4 -> login to your account and do the re start sequence.....hope this will do it.
Are you using the bottom port USB on the RC or the side port. If you're using the bottom USB disconnect the side port cable.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Thanks for all the help.

It turns out to be a bad cable between the controller and the iPhone. I switched for a known good Apple cable and it connected immediately using the centre mounted USB port.

Disappointing QA from DJI - hey-ho...

Glad you got it going. I was very surprised when using the bottom USB connection that the side one had to be disconnected - even though nothing was attached to the open end of it. Very odd...

Glad you got it going. I was very surprised when using the bottom USB connection that the side one had to be disconnected - even though nothing was attached to the open end of it. Very odd...

Yes I found out the same thing.. only one cable at a time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead