DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't find Mavic Pro battery suppliers, please share your finds

AUD$239 (that's about US$185) for one battery, talk about milking people on possibly the last stock around.

Glad I have 6 as new in the bag, but yeah one day the M1P will be hung up on the wall for decoration.
I've had pretty good experiences with aftermarket batteries for my Phantom 3S, so hope springs eternal that non-OEM Mavic batteries will ensure that my Mavic Pro doesn't gather cobwebs in the future.

I've had pretty good experiences with aftermarket batteries for my Phantom 3S, so hope springs eternal that non-OEM Mavic batteries will ensure that my Mavic Pro doesn't gather cobwebs in the future.

There are a few aftermarket ones for the M1P / MPP, not sure some are likely bought in bulk and rebranded, probably all from the same factory (China).
The PowerExtra mention in earlier posts, and possibly another I spotted tonight.
PowerExtra have been coming up 'not available' when I've found them on Amazon etc when looking for others, they may be ok to find on some parts of the World.

Funny these aftermarket places don't make / have them for the Spark, which also has had obsolete batteries for a while.

Freshness is the key for these kinds of batteries. As far as the PowerExtra, I have 2 of them. Overall they are ok. I’ve been using them for over the past three years although I had logged some complaints about the temperature readings which you can find in the forum here. The rest of my 4 MP batteries is all OEM. They (OEM) are very reliable with normal hobby usage. Two of the OEMs were purchased from eBay brand new though they may not be from the same seller as the link I posted above.
The reason I initially posted was because I was flying with an original Mavic Pro battery only having 2-3 cycles on it and when I landed I noticed the battery had swollen so much it didn't click on the drone anymore. I flew it to take photos straight above a fairly expensive car, so I'm thankful it didn't crash.

I did fly in the Florida sun so maybe that's why the battery didn't last longer or maybe I don't fly often enough to maintain the battery. Good to hear your experience.

If you find OEMs and just buy them for future use, yes you should straight away bring them into the cycle of use with existing batteries.
No good leaving them as back ups, sitting around they will possibly be affected longer term, a year or more ?

I have still got my original flymore batts (2017), still perfect, bought a 4th maybe a year later, and when I saw them becoming rare a couple of years ago, I bought what I think were the last 2 in Australia.
Labelled 1 to 6, they all get charged in sequence in turn, as many as I want to take out flying (or think I'll fly), the rest just stay at the discharge voltage awaiting their turn.
Do you leave them at the discharge voltage for months or? It sometimes lasts 3 months between my flights, so I'm thinking I may need to charge/discharge them more often.

1. The reason I initially posted was because I was flying with an original Mavic Pro battery only having 2-3 cycles on it and when I landed I noticed the battery had swollen so much it didn't click on the drone anymore.

2. Do you leave them at the discharge voltage for months or? It sometimes lasts 3 months between my flights, so I'm thinking I may need to charge/discharge them more often.

1. Very unusual, hardly ever hear about M1P / MPP batteries swelling and not clicking in properly.
They have a very nice recessed back that should (I feel is designed to) take the minor expansion you might get when hot from running, ambient temps, or from charging.

I'd just use that for doing updates, setting adjustments on the ground, downloading photos / videos by wifi etc . . . if you can get it to click in ? Maybe use a strap to be sure ?
Be careful (extra watchful) when charging, don't want a fire to go unseen.

If you still use it, does that one get hot when charging or just after flight ?

2. Yes, I have left them for months reasonably often. Usually when travelling interstate with work (sometimes 6 - 8 times a year, but less since covid) I take my Spark, as I avoid (deplore) checked baggage when possible.
So between the trips away and catching up for weeks when I get home, the M1P sits home and battery discharge level is always hanging around 2 bars.

Looks like I have 4 of my batteries set to 4 days discharge, and left 2 new ones at 10 days, I'll have to check later though this is not a bad thing.
I just use the 4 way DJI battery hub to charge, and sometimes the 12v charger when touring (4WD) and remote for weeks sometimes.

I don't think there's a magic formula for batteries, as long as they aren't kept topped up all the time 'ready for an outing' and you don't run them down too far every flight, keep at discharge level either by flying or letting them drop as per intelligent battery method.

One thing that might help mine is I generally land with no less than around 20% - 25% battery remaining, though I will take them down to 10% or 15% for flights when needed, quite rare though.

Reactions: KylethePilot
1. Very unusual, hardly ever hear about M1P / MPP batteries swelling and not clicking in properly.
They have a very nice recessed back that should (I feel is designed to) take the minor expansion you might get when hot from running, ambient temps, or from charging.

I'd just use that for doing updates, setting adjustments on the ground, downloading photos / videos by wifi etc . . . if you can get it to click in ? Maybe use a strap to be sure ?
Be careful (extra watchful) when charging, don't want a fire to go unseen.

If you still use it, does that one get hot when charging or just after flight ?

2. Yes, I have left them for months reasonably often. Usually when travelling interstate with work (sometimes 6 - 8 times a year, but less since covid) I take my Spark, as I avoid (deplore) checked baggage when possible.
So between the trips away and catching up for weeks when I get home, the M1P sits home and battery discharge level is always hanging around 2 bars.

Looks like I have 4 of my batteries set to 4 days discharge, and left 2 new ones at 10 days, I'll have to check later though this is not a bad thing.
I just use the 4 way DJI battery hub to charge, and sometimes the 12v charger when touring (4WD) and remote for weeks sometimes.

I don't think there's a magic formula for batteries, as long as they aren't kept topped up all the time 'ready for an outing' and you don't run them down too far every flight, keep at discharge level either by flying or letting them drop as per intelligent battery method.

One thing that might help mine is I generally land with no less than around 20% - 25% battery remaining, though I will take them down to 10% or 15% for flights when needed, quite rare though.

Thank you for the comprehensive answer. You treat your batteries very similar to mine then. At least I don't think the battery malfunction was due to my neglect of maintenance then.

When I landed that day after the car photo shoot, I noticed I couldn't hear the usual "click" when I pushed the battery down and that's when I noticed it was swollen.

I threw the battery out right after, because I didn't want to risk crashing the drone. And that brings me on to why it took so long to answer this thread. I have just returned from vacation doing some drone footage.

As I was about to land I just wanted to do a final "track mode" shoot. Little did I know the obstacle sensors apparently doesn't work going sideways and my Mavic Pro crashed into a pine tree and I had to leave the drone behind.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Little did I know the obstacle sensors apparently doesn't work going sideways and my Mavic Pro crashed into a pine tree and I had to leave the drone behind.

Oh no, sorry for your loss.
You have the M1P yes ?
No side sensors of course.

Personally, I don't mind just having the front and bottom sensors on my drones so far (M1P and Spark).
Not sure why, just feel I need to know more about where I am and what's around me when I'm flying, and that I think is a good thing.

Oh no, sorry for your loss.
You have the M1P yes ?
No side sensors of course.

Personally, I don't mind just having the front and bottom sensors on my drones so far (M1P and Spark).
Not sure why, just feel I need to know more about where I am and what's around me when I'm flying, and that I think is a good thing.
Yes, it was the M1P.

I only have myself to blame for not knowing enough about the sensor locations. I was in a secluded area and was focusing on the camera feed when I did the track mode. Had I been aware of the lack of side sensors this would have never happened.

Agree it's good to know as much about the surroundings as possible. I usually fly... or flew responsibly mostly with high altitude and avoiding populated areas not to bother people. Oh well, lesson learned for my next drone :).

It would probably worthwhile looking into the cost of hiring a landscaping company that has one of those truck-mounted hydraulic booms used to trim tall trees. They could fetch your drone out of a tree far cheaper than the price of a replacement drone. Failing that, checking under the tree after the next high wind might be a good idea.

It would probably worthwhile looking into the cost of hiring a landscaping company that has one of those truck-mounted hydraulic booms used to trim tall trees. They could fetch your drone out of a tree far cheaper than the price of a replacement drone. Failing that, checking under the tree after the next high wind might be a good idea.
Those are really good ideas and I'm glad you chimed in.

I had the same idea and called 2 tree service companies the day after it happened. Unfortunately the area is impassable for trucks and they couldn't help. I also fabricated a long stick to try to get it down, but that far up it was too wobbly.

The drone dug itself in by the tree trunk and is laying on some thick branches, so I don't think it'll come down even on a windy day, besides I'm many hundred miles away now so I've had to accept it as a loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan