DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't fly because DJI geozone unlocking doesn't work.

jwilson

Reactions
Yesterday I could not fly my mini 3 pro because DJI wouldn't let me. I flew from the same location 2 days ago no problem. This is my email exchange with DJI: Also, I told them I have a video of the whole thing, but they haven't asked for it or told me where to send it.

On Mon, May 27, 2024 at 11:17 PM, DJI Support

<[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Steve,

Thanks for contacting DJI.

It's the Flysafe team continues to assist you with the GEO zone unlocking issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. But the flight controller SN is very important for creating an unlocking license especially when you have multiple devices.

I have checked the unlocking licenses under your account and here are the flight controller serial numbers that have the valid licenses. Please check:

DJI Mavic 3 Pro -1581F67QC23AT014JXXD

DJI Mavic 3 Pro -1581F67QC23480140B4L

Currently, they are all for your DJI Mavic 3 Pro. If you fail to unlock your DJI Mini 3 Pro, please let us know your requested unlocking area and the flight controller SN of this device. We will try to apply for the long-term unlocking license accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding and support. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

Viki

DJI Technical Support

My response:

I just flew with the mini 3 pro two days ago at the same place. I have the video that says the zone is unlocked, but then it's not unlocked. Where do I send the video that shows this? So I know the mini 3 pro has been unlocked.

Can you tell from my account, that I own a mini 3 pro? If so, why can't you get it's flight controller serial number yourself? Steve

Here's my screen capture of my unlocking attempt.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At first I had a problem, because I was too far from my router. So as you can clearly see, somethings wrong with DJI. They say it's unlocked, but then I can't fly. This happens multiple times. And as bad as this was, what if I had been 50 miles from my house, or more?

This happened 6 months ago with my mavic 3 pro. It took them a month to fix it, and they gave me a SD card to compensate me for my pain and suffering!

I had a similar problem. A few days ago, went to a sometimes-blocked zone and flew successfully. It asked me the three questions about being qualified and assuming any responsibility and up I went. Was there yesterday with same results. Then I went about a 1/2 mile away, and couldn't even start up. I did the questions, it said all was good, but no startup. This was within the same zone and about 1/2 mile farther from the center of said zone.

Interestingly enough, I didn't even shut down for the move. Just set the 'copter and controller on the passenger seat, went to the other spot, and nothing.

BTDT.
Fix was to go into the authorizations and delete them all. Then go through the process again and it let me fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney