DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can't get full screen on DJI fly app ????????????? any ideas how

As you can read in multiple topics on this forum, DJIfly is not 'yet' fully compatible with ipads. So it wil run 16/9 and have black bars.

As you can read in multiple topics on this forum, DJIfly is not 'yet' fully compatible with ipads. So it wil run 16/9 and have black bars.
darn I didn't know that, I been going crazy trying to figure out how to fix this, thought that there was some thing I did to mess it up, hopefully DJI will come up with a fix. I have an iPad with a larger screen that I will use for now. my old eyes have a hard time seeing the smaller screens. thanks for the reply, it made me feel a lot better and saved me from going nuts trying to fix this.

darn I didn't know that, I been going crazy trying to figure out how to fix this, thought that there was some thing I did to mess it up, hopefully DJI will come up with a fix. I have an iPad with a larger screen that I will use for now. my old eyes have a hard time seeing the smaller screens. thanks for the reply, it made me feel a lot better and saved me from going nuts trying to fix this.

I hope they will too! And you are welcome!

What version of IOS are you running? Some have had trouble with display size if not running 13. I have an Ipad Mini 4 and it works fine but I am running 13.3

What version of IOS are you running? Some have had trouble with display size if not running 13. I have an Ipad Mini 4 and it works fine but I am running 13.3
I'm stupid when it comes to this stuff, I have no idea what 13.1 or 13.3 means, maybe I should try to find out how to get 13.3 on my I pad.

Make sure to understand there are now TWO iOS.
Since 13, it is now iPadOS and iOS.
Ergo the feature where you can have smaller app icons to the right and notifications on the left.
Can't have that on iPhones because the screen is too small.

I'm stupid when it comes to this stuff, I have no idea what 13.1 or 13.3 means, maybe I should try to find out how to get 13.3 on my I pad.

Just go to settings, general, software updates and that will tell you if you need to upgrade and what version you are running.

That is what 13.3 means...what version of iPadOS you are running (Ipad Operating Syatem.)

I have an ipad mini 4 running 13.3 and setting the res to 16:9 and press the x2 double arrow icon at the right bottom of the screen I still don't have full screen. It has black spaces top and bottom so not fine. Tell us what you did to make it fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
I have an ipad mini 4 running 13.3 and setting the res to 16:9 and press the x2 double arrow icon at the right bottom of the screen I still don't have full screen. It has black spaces top and bottom so not fine. Tell us what you did to make it fine.

You cannot make it full screen as of yet on tablets / iPads.

I still don't have full screen
There is no way around that. The IPad Mini's screen is like older TVs and has a 4:3 size ratio. It can not display a "widescreen" video (16:9) without either cropping off the sides, squeezing the picture in (which distorts the image), OR leaving a blank space at the top and bottom. When you watch a movie on the Mini you are up against the same problem.

With FLY the best answer is the blank spaces top and bottom. This is not a FLY problem - this is an IPad Mini problem. Phones and most all other tablets I have seen are 16:9. Why Apple has done this I have no idea. Still, you end up with a usable screen size that is a little over 7" diagonally which is well more than twice the display area size of most cell phones.

I am OK with my IPad Mini but still wish I was using a Android tablet. BUT those seem to come with their own set of problems using the MM. For one - Discharging the RC is not a situation I to deal with.

Last edited:
There is no way around that. The IPad Mini's screen is like older TVs and has a 4:3 size ratio. It can not display a "widescreen" video (16:9) without either cropping off the sides, squeezing the picture in (which distorts the image), OR leaving a blank space at the top and bottom. When you watch a movie on the Mini you are up against the same problem.

With FLY the best answer is the blank spaces top and bottom. This is not a FLY problem - this is an IPad Mini problem. Phones and most all other tablets I have seen are 16:9. Why Apple has done this I have no idea. Still, you end up with a usable screen size that is a little over 7" diagonally which is well more than twice the display area size of most cell phones.

I am OK with my IPad Mini but still wish I was using a Android tablet. BUT those seem to come with their own set of problems using the MM. For one - Discharging the RC is not a situation I to deal with.
strange, I have DJI go4 app and it's full screen, also litchi which is full screen, personally I think it's the DJI fly app. problems, problems, right now I have a mini mavic that will have to go back because I can't calibrate the IMU.

strange, I have DJI go4 app and it's full screen
Well, that certainly confuses me. I can't understand how you can put a rectangle within a square without the ill effects I mentioned above. Are the resulting Go4 videos in "widescreen"? If so then the view on the screen when flying must be cropped off on the sides. I am no expert but the laws of physics are pretty solid.

Well, that certainly confuses me. I can't understand how you can put a rectangle within a square without the ill effects I mentioned above. Are the resulting Go4 videos in "widescreen"? If so then the view on the screen when flying must be cropped off on the sides. I am no expert but the laws of physics are pretty solid.

I'm also confused, I was in charge of a advanced development lab, worked on space shuttle control systems, Apollo guidance systems, cruse missile guidance systems a lot of satellite systems, so I'm not new to electronic systems, been out of it for approx. 40 years so a lot of things have changed. maybe my mind is going, but strange things happen. for ever action, there's a reaction. I would like to politely disagree with you, but I believe that the DJI fly app has a problem.
just my dimes worth

Reactions: Flytelandon
Maybe this will make it clearer. I will say I am totally wrong IF the resulting video with the Go4 app is in the 4:3 ratio. Then it fitting on the Mini IPad screen makes sense. If not something MUST be cropped. Look that the drawing below. The IPad screen is the RED shape and the widescreen video is the blue. How can the blue fit in the red without something going on - crop, squeeze, shrink or whatever.......

Screen ratios.jpg

Maybe this will make it clearer. I will say I am totally wrong IF the resulting video with the Go4 app is in the 4:3 ratio. Then it fitting on the Mini IPad screen makes sense. If not something MUST be cropped. Look that the drawing below. The IPad screen is the RED shape and the widescreen video is the blue. How can the blue fit in the red without something going on - crop, squeeze, shrink or whatever.......

Well we know DJI can do it but it is a matter of when. Possibly someone else will come up with a hack to it that will work before DJI includes it in their stuff. Seen it done it kinda thing. I have the original Mavic Pro and it is full screen on my ipad mini 4. I am fine with the Mini on the ipad 4 right now cause it is more real estate than flying with my phone

Attachments

• MP on ipad4.JPG
    MP on ipad4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas