DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't read the screen

AlaskaKid

Reactions
Hi guys:
Got me a new Mavic Mini and I love that little drone. So easy to fly!! I do have ONE PROBLEM though. When I am flying it and it's sunny out, I cannot read the screen on my phone. It's irritating, when I am trying to use a Quick start, I cant see anything. Any advice? How do you guys cope with this problem. The only thing I can think of is to put shirt over my head. Thanks, Louis

Reactions: Capt KO
  • Haha
Reactions: Gindra
That is only 1 issue I have with the fly app. The way it’s
colored is hard for me to make out with no glare and on a iPad at that.

That is only 1 issue I have with the fly app. The way it’s
colored is hard for me to make out with no glare and on a iPad at that.
this is a big minus for the fly app ,all they need to do is give us a black background, like they do in the GO4 app ,to give some contrast to the white letters and symbols i'm sure and app update could solve this issue

this is a big minus for the fly app ,all they need to do is give us a black background, like they do in the GO4 app ,to give some contrast to the white letters and symbols i'm sure and app update could solve this issue
You too huh. That app is lacking and your right if they would just do a update. Wouldn’t hurt for the compass to be more
like on the go app. I get a lot of info from that .

what i do if i am struggling to read the info in bright sunlight, is to angle the camera down off the sky ,so the info shows up better with the darker background behind it,and then take it back up if needed

Reactions: Capt KO and WooZie
Hi guys:
Got me a new Mavic Mini and I love that little drone. So easy to fly!! I do have ONE PROBLEM though. When I am flying it and it's sunny out, I cannot read the screen on my phone. It's irritating, when I am trying to use a Quick start, I cant see anything. Any advice? How do you guys cope with this problem. The only thing I can think of is to put shirt over my head. Thanks, Louis
I bought a mount adapter for my 10" tablet, so much easier to see. Also needed to buy a longer cable.

Hi guys:
Tablet adapter from Skyreat.

?Lol, where’s my sat #. Disappeared, wish we could make our own background. Cmon DJI this is Ridiculous!

• Angry
Reactions: OregonEd
Tree's are your friend....if you select the right one for your direction of flight;)

I'm only using Dark Mode on my phone and it could be better on the phone screen on a bright day. I believe a shade is the best option, but it needs to be non intrusive. Or the sombrero.. or a tin foil hat as it's easy to make. ;)

what i do if i am struggling to read the info in bright sunlight, is to angle the camera down off the sky ,so the info shows up better with the darker background behind it,and then take it back up if needed
DIITY DJI DOES NOT APPEAR TO HAVE ANY INTEREST IN RESOLVING EVEN THE MOST SIMPLE DESIGN FLAWS FOR THEIR UNVALUED CUSTOMERS ! Very irresponsible and unprofessional “after the sale” relationship!

I know it's never gonna happen, but it would be amazing if there was an open source flying app so we could really get the best experience possible.

Reactions: OregonEd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcalvo