DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't seem to read files from card after update

Mayoor-uk

Reactions
After the recent update, i can't seem to read the files from the SD card. The files are on the card, I recorded video and Raw photos. I can see them on the card with the correct file extensions but am unable to open them in Quiktime player and the Dng/jpg files in Lightroom. There are no Thumbnails for the files after the update, just the names and the sizes. Curiously, all the files before the update can be seen and edited?

I've got the same problem. Did you ever sort it? Lightroom is telling me "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo." Was working fine before update to .800. video files and jpegs are fine. All me DNGs seem to be corrupt!

Last edited:
I've tried on a number of computers using the latest lightroom on mac and windows, photoshop and OSX's built in preview and I am unable to open and DNG files I take with the mavic. I have reformatted the sd card, selected jpeg then raw again in the app, restarted the drone, all with no luck. The only change is the use of .800 firmware, I've never had this problem before. The files themselves are all around 24mb so are not empty.

Can others confirm if they are still able to read DNG files? Does anyone have a solution? I've just wasted a day of photography if all the files are unusable.

thanks.

edit: After speaking with DJI support who told me to refresh the firmware and the app, which didn't work they told me to send it in for repair. Instead I tried downgrading to the .700 firmware and DNGs work again :)!

So be warned, for me at least the .800 firmware broke DNG compatibility.

Last edited:
I did absolutely everything Dji asked me to do and nothing worked, so sadly i had to re-format the card. Another card that i have been using since is fine and has not come up with any errors.

Are you putting the card in a reader or trying to read from the Mavic's USB port?

Both, I tried to read it from the Mavic, having failed , I tried it via a card reader. Exactly the same result, sadly lost footage from holiday in Portugal. The files on the card show .mov type and file size 1.3Gb and the photos show .dng type with about 19Mbs.. but just can't read them

Last edited:
Both, I tried to read it from the Mavic, having failed , I tried it via a card reader. Exactly the same result, sadly lost footage from holiday in Portugal. The files on the card show .mov type and file size 1.3Gb and the photos show .dng type with about 19Mbs.. but just can't read them

I found on version .600 that if a file name was changed that it would fail when trying to copy to my PC. I had used the PC to change a filename to make it more recognizable, but from then on it wouldn't read that file. Maybe the change to .700 made some change to the file structure.

I also had trouble when I was recording at too high a quality for my PC to handle.

I know hindsight is 20/20 vision but maybe best to copy all SD cards over before doing any updates of anything.
I've had problems with other file types not Drone related, change anything just slightly and you stuff up the links.

I know hindsight is 20/20 vision but maybe best to copy all SD cards over before doing any updates of anything.
I've had problems with other file types not Drone related, change anything just slightly and you stuff up the links.
yup - agree! I had copied everything off the SD card, but the MP wouldn't access the file anymore with a new name.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103