DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't switch to Telephoto Lens

Viper2097

Reactions
Hey guys, I'm having an issue where I can't switch to my telephoto lens on my M3C.

It works once or twice but then im completely unable to switch over to it. I've got my C3 button linked to it so it's got nothing to do with my screen.

Is there something wrong with my drone or is there some kind of restrictions on using the telephoto lens because of the creeps? Thanks team.

Just to test things out in case there are restrictions switch to 1080 video and if it works you will now there is a restriction on the 4K 60 maybe .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. land on the Water.

Wild guess but any chance you are in Explore Shooting mode? In that mode you can go from 1-4x,7x-28x which is nice for looking around but not generally useful at least for still photography. You can't directly access 1x/7x switching until you get out of Explore mode.

Do you know if there are restrictions built in and if so, What triggers them?
I'm wondering if it's because I'm using the 4G dongle...

Wild guess but any chance you are in Explore Shooting mode? In that mode you can go from 1-4x,7x-28x which is nice for looking around but not generally useful at least for still photography. You can't directly access 1x/7x switching until you get out of Explore mode.
It's not explore mode... I'm wondering if its because I fly using the 4G dongle...

It's not explore mode... I'm wondering if its because I fly using the 4G dongle...
OK - no clue about the dongle but it would be highly curious if it created some kind of limitation for the camera.

@moldorf well spotted there there is no telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 classic perhaps the OP has a different version

Not sure if this applies but you can't switch cameras while actively recording video.

Ah… If that’s the case then this could be the issue. Thanks mate.
In Normal mode, you have to end and restart video to switch between cameras. In Explore mode, it will automatically switch between cameras, as it jumps from 4x to 7x, or from 7x to 4x.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+