DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought Mavic 3, telephoto lens doesn't work, zoom doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only just beginning to test out the Mavic 3 so I'm not the best one to answer this. I'm sure many others with far more experience can address this well.

This video may help answer the question:
In this video,
the narrator says you should stick to using just the 1x and 7x settings, that the zoom image quality is not good. However, that video was made a year ago and there have been some improvements since then....

In this video you can see the quality of different zoom settings.
On the standard lens, 1x is great, and 2x looks decent, 4x looks bad.
On the telephoto lens, 7x looks great, 14x is grainy but passable, 28x looks bad.
However, interestingly, he shows you that 28x on the telephoto lens is actually better quality than the 4x on the standard lens.
The 7x of the fixed telephoto is much, much better than the 4x digital zoom of the standard 1x camera.
Yeah agree, I think the 28x utility is more in S&R or just exploring/scouting around than for actual recording.

Reactions: Hermey
In your opinion, how usable for photos is the zoom images. In good light and good wx conditions are the zoomed images good quality?
The 7x is great i use it to spot wildlife, deer mostly and otters .The pictures are nice and crisp above 7x again i use it for spotting dont think i have ever taken any pictures above 7x but i will now and have a look .

In your opinion, how usable for photos is the zoom images. In good light and good wx conditions are the zoomed images good quality?
If you mean the so-called 7x zoom lens, it is not a zoom lens at all, it is a tele lens with fixed focal length at approx. 162mm in 35mm equivalent.
Even though it has a much smaller sensor than the wideangle lens, it can give surprisingly good image quality if used correctly and in good light.
Have a look at these shots taken by Meta4:

This basically was not addressed to you
It was addressed to everyone subscribed to this thread, which includes me. It was off topic, pitching buying another drone brand, when we are discussing where to best buy a DJI drone.

I just sent back my Mavic 3 Classic for a refund. The battery compartment was glitchy, gimbal wobbled at takeoff, and the range was poor making the screen freeze for long periods of time. Very
disappointed

I just sent back my Mavic 3 Classic for a refund. The battery compartment was glitchy, gimbal wobbled at takeoff, and the range was poor making the screen freeze for long periods of time. Very
disappointed
Sounds like you got a lemon. May I suggest you try another one, purchased elsewhere, in case it was also from a bad batch?

Sounds like you got a lemon. May I suggest you try another one, purchased elsewhere, in case it was also from a bad batch?
I bought it directly from DJI. Their customer service people called yesterday to discuss but didn't suggest I bought a lemon. Too many small problems that I doubt would be all rectified with a new unit. I really wanted to love the drone though.

I bought it directly from DJI. Their customer service people called yesterday to discuss but didn't suggest I bought a lemon. Too many small problems that I doubt would be all rectified with a new unit. I really wanted to love the drone though.
Then pick one up at Best Buy. 15 day free return with no 15% restocking fee, if you claim any defect. None of the issues you mentioned should exist on a normal unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929