DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can't transfer files

Boscobrown

Reactions
Hi all,

I can't seem to transfer my files over to my laptop from my Mavic. I am trying to transfer them directly from my Mavic to my macbook.

I have had some success before but after like an hour of waiting. I get this message when I try.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 18.20.25.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 18.20.25.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
I can't seem to transfer my files over to my laptop from my Mavic. I am trying to transfer them directly from my Mavic to my macbook.
I have had some success before but after like an hour of waiting. I get this message when I try.
It would be a lot easier and faster if you pull the SD card, put it in an adapter and copy directly.

Do you think that would eliminate my issue all together?
Yes ... that is the normal way to get photos and videos from a Phantom or Mavic.
It's fast and easy, messing around with the cable isn't.

Sweeto Burrito! Thanks for the help guys. I'll try it out when I can get an adapter on my hands. Any particular one to steer clear of or are they all the same?

Sweeto Burrito! Thanks for the help guys. I'll try it out when I can get an adapter on my hands. Any particular one to steer clear of or are they all the same?
Ebay has thousands and will only cost small change. Just look for one that handles USB 3.0

i think u cant pull the files out because you didnt format it in the macbook? could be the different formats that is causing the issue. anyway just pull out the SD card. its way faster

Found an old card reader from my go pro. Works perfectly. Thanks for the heads up.

Now To figure out photo and video settings. Anyone have a lead, link, or tip?

If you still want to do it the "directly from the Mavic way", than try it with a shorter USB cable.

It might work.

Hi guys! Im new here.

I just wanted to say that I got here because I couldn't copy the files from the SD to my Mac using 3 different adapters and two different SD cards, a 16 and a 64GB, I got the same error that Bosco all the time, I thought it could be my computer (2012 MacBook Pro) but a moment ago I tried connecting the Mavic directly to my Mac with the original cable that I use to charge the control and it copied the files with out a problem.

Question: What type of file system does the Mavic uses? Because when I format the SD card on my Mac the Mavic does not recognizes the card, and I have to format again the SD card directly in the drone.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun