DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't wait to get my first Mavic

jch-prop

Reactions
Hi all and thanks for the add.

Just wanted to get into drones and now I have the chance
er-indoors is working bulk shifts so I have 4 out of 5 weekends by myself so now's a good opportunity to get into flying :)
I have decided on a Pro Platinum but there are loads on eBay and me having a trigger happy finger when getting into something new am resisting the temptation to just go for it.
I am on the Wirral in the UK.
If anyone can offer an tips for buying then that would be great.
I will look around the forum as well for newbie posts :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Question is, what do you want to use it for - video or photography?

The Pro Platinum is an older model now and it will become increasingly difficult to get spares for it.

At the moment, if you can justify the cost, I would highly recommend the Mavic Air 2. It’s just as easy to fly with a more recent imaging sensor in the camera. It’s also a little smaller making it easier to carry around.

Hi

I just want to start this hobby and see what becomes of it :)

Yes been doing some early research into that drone and know its an older model but never thought of spares etc. nice point. I will take a look at the Air 2.
I need to research what sort of license I need here in the UK too.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

The UK license is easy. I was in the UK for 10-months this year and got mine in April. You just need to go to the CAA website (below) and register for your Operator ID and Flyer ID. The cost is £9 and you need to pass the online test. You can retake the test as many times as needed but it’s not at all difficult.

There are changes to the regulations at the end of the year that you should check but feel free to ask questions on the forum.

Welcome to the forum and I second the Mavic Air2 , great little bird. I'm always a little leery about starting a new hobby like this with used equipment , you can never know for sure if it is operating properly or not. But thats me..

Hello and WELCOME to the forum :)

I have a PLATINUM and while it's a solid aircraft and has made me a large amount of $$ over the last few years, parts availability are a concern. In fact so much so that I ordered some new batteries, and several sets of spare props recently jut to make sure I have the "expendables" going forward.

To be totally transparent, as of last week my Platinum become my backup aircraft as I added the M2Pro to my inventory to get the better camera.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartlandhttps://mavicpilots.com/members/jch-prop.141093/.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman