DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Capture Failed Shooting failed due to a camera error (360 pano)

JeffS

Reactions
I received this error twice when trying to shoot a 360 pano over the weekend. I've gotten the error before, and it typically seems to happen when the drone is being bounced around by wind and it cant stitch the images. In any case, I tried twice and got two failures. Winds were running 5-10mph at 55ft (which really isn't that extreme), so I gave up and landed.

The 25 shots for the pano are recorded on the card, so I figured I'd try to do the pano myself. I was somewhat successful (using Hugin, DJI Media Maker, and Microsoft ICE), but there is a different issue. When the MA does the stitching it knows that the 360 world does not include the sky because the camera cannot look up. It "fills in" this area with dummy pixels to keep the sphere accurate and the horizon level. But when you do the spherical panorama in these programs it assumes the 25 images include looking up and it creates a distorted panorama with the horizon resembling a bowl. All three programs gave the same distorted result.

Does anyone know how to create the pano just like the MA does (and I tired all different settings and projections)? Is there any way to tell the MA to restich imges it already has on the card rather than do a "shoot and stitch" sequence?

Ptgui.

You can add control points if the program cannot align images.
Can export image in many projections.
If you rotate the image downward 90degrees, the empty sky part will be in the center of picture. Here the lowest distortion and you can fill the sky part.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony