DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Captured unusual activity with my drone

I think that's just something they do on TV and in he movies. If the data isn't on the picture you can't "enhance" it enough to read anything using Photoshop. The FBI and NSA may have this ability but I can't do it with Photoshop.
Deconvolution algorithms can be used to sharpen and bring out detail that's not apparent in an original photo. I used to use a couple of NASA algorithms when I was doing astroimaging. So, it MIGHT be possible; I'd try that image where he opens the trunk.

Maybe he doesn’t want his wife to find out!

I’ve hidden stuff from my wife as she always complains I waste money eg that “annoying buzzing flying camera contraption” [emoji2]

Doesn’t make sense for the guy to dump stolen goods after removing it from his vehicle.

This was my first thought, as well.

Another for your viewing pleasure... I was out with my then new M2Z trying to figure out why I couldn't Yaw in RTH (Found out the hidden toggle in Go 4 on this trip) I had no purpose to "engage" target other than that is a local church parking lot, and nobody should have been in that lot. As the Zoom was new I gave the dial a twist on them.

It wasn't till a bunch of my buddies watched this video did they ask and speculate on what was going on with "them". I just said it looked like a Craigslist drop off, or husband/wife drop off for lunch....Could have been anything...but as it was I hit RTH and tested my yaw and was just happy I found the RTH yaw had been reestablished. ;) As a joke I went back and added the "Spy" music track :)

That's a pretty impressive zoom! It's just 2x? Seems more powerful!

Dood!

The good: Most interesting, fascinating drone story I have ever read! Nice!

The bad: Smugjug???? WTF??? 2 seconds plays. Wait. 3 seconds plays. Wait. 2 more seconds play. Wait. Horrid. Put your video on YouTube or Vimeo. smugjug is crap and makes you appear poor.

View attachment 115118

My machine:

View attachment 115119

My Internet:

View attachment 115120

Good job getting video! Great story! Smugjug = ghetto.

D

Probably a semi-joking comment, but seemed a bit harsh.

I'm on a Mac with 100Mbps down, and it played butter smooth from start to finish.

I will agree that Smugmug is certainly not the usual hosting platform--especially for videos.

Doug

Reactions: Thomas B
I had a strange experience yesterday when I was out flying my MM in an abandoned golf course. When I do get to fly it is often at this course because it's a large property without the fear of flying over people, cars or homes, etc. At most it will have walkers, joggers and the occasional golf cart on the paths. Anyway, as I was flying I was startled as a car drove past me on the old cart path - there are never cars on the path. My immediate thought was someone was out joy riding. Since I had the drone up in the air, I started to follow the car to see what was going on, but then it just got more bizarre as the driver stopped about a quarter mile away to stash something in the woods. I might have been naive, but at this point I didn't suspect anything criminal was going on, so unfortunately never flew low enough to get a good shot of the license plate. Maybe if I was flying my M2P it would have had a good enough image to make out the numbers from where I was hovering, but then again, they might have noticed it up in the air. Not getting the plates was my big regret.

After "the suspect left the scene" I walked down to see what was left behind and found a brand new Ryobi power washer with store tags still attached, so naturally I called the police. A half hour or so later they came out and I showed them the video and we walked out to look at the site. They picked up the washer, inspected the area a little bit more and called in to see if anyone or the local Lowes had reported any missing merch. You can also see in the video at the 2:20 mark, the person throws something into the field before they get back into the car, so the two officers and I walked around the field for a few minutes to see what he might have thrown, but unfortunately didn't find anything. I may go back with a metal detector later. I AirDropped the video to them for evidence (after showing them how AirDrop works :cool: ), and I heard one officer tell the other how strange this call was. Glad it wasn't just me.

It certainly was one of the more exciting flights I've had! I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else had any similar experiences like this.

Video:

Power washer:
indeed, but to be honest, you are not allowed to publish this because criminal investigation is not allowed to be done by us. You did really a great job handling the footage to the police. This way, drone users get a very positive collaboration with police and that is good for us all. You do not need to go lower for this, because such people might shoot your drone down. Thx for sharing anyway, i am not allowed to share my experiences like these because i work together with fraud departments of Belgium and Bulgaria. +je

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11