DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber Props

Can you fold the props tight enough to fold the drone as you could with the stock props?

Any observations as to weather or not the carbon fiber props lengthen battery length?

Thanks

Reactions: Inspirephil
Yea dont really get sticking an unknown cheap chinese or "young " brand of carbon fiber blades we have never even heard of on such an expensive machine ....i seen so many horror stories with cf props causing crazy vibration or breaking in midflight....ill stick to the stock dji blades.....now some aftermarket cf blades look killer on my goblin or logo heli. U can see the rotor and its always in close los proximity.

Can you fold the props tight enough to fold the drone as you could with the stock props?

Any observations as to weather or not the carbon fiber props lengthen battery length?

Thanks
They fold up exactly like the stock propellers. As far as flight time goes all I can tell you is with my Inspire 2 that I have carbon fiber folding propellers on it’s my opinion that I get about a minute more with them vs the stock propellers. I have actually timed them with my cellphone timer for getting the results so I think I can say that they do give me more flight time. I haven’t been able to test them for the Mavic 2 Pro yet but I expect them to be about the same as the Inspire 2. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: caleb1
Yea dont really get sticking an unknown cheap chinese or "young " brand of carbon fiber blades we have never even heard of on such an expensive machine ....i seen so many horror stories with cf props causing crazy vibration or breaking in midflight....ill stick to the stock dji blades.....now some aftermarket cf blades look killer on my goblin or logo heli. U can see the rotor and its always in close los proximity.
The CF props I just bought are from RC Geeks on Amazon. But definitely don’t buy them from Drone World because they are NOT for the M2P!!! Those are for either the MP1 or the Platinum.

Just got these CF props for my M2P from Drone World yesterday and I will be testing them out as soon as the rain stops here in Oregon. I’ll let everyone know how I like them after a few test flights. Not looking for more speed than the stock propellers I am just checking them out for durability reasons.

I have a couple of Mavic Pro's and have used the platinum props on them. They seem a little quieter than stock but not much. I just put a set of the Master Airscrew orange props on one of my birds and they seem to be at least as quiet as the platinums and FAR MORE visible! On average i believe I'm getting slightly better efficiency thus longer flight times with both the platinums and the Master Airscrew props.

I haven't tried carbon props, mainly because of stories of failures and poor quality that have been posted. What I'm using is good enough for me.

I have a couple of Mavic Pro's and have used the platinum props on them. They seem a little quieter than stock but not much. I just put a set of the Master Airscrew orange props on one of my birds and they seem to be at least as quiet as the platinums and FAR MORE visible! On average i believe I'm getting slightly better efficiency thus longer flight times with both the platinums and the Master Airscrew props.

I haven't tried carbon props, mainly because of stories of failures and poor quality that have been posted. What I'm using is good enough for me.
I’ve got several sets of props for both of my DJI drones (Mavic 2 Pro, Inspire 2). On my Inspire 2 I am using the Tmotor winglet CF folding props and I really like the way they perform and they make it much easier to get ready to get up in the air quickly. With the landing mode case that I use having folding props makes for easy deployment.
I have been using the Tmotor CF winglet props for a year and a half now with no problems whatsoever and that’s why I am using the CF props for my M2P.
I have CF, colored, and about 4 complete sets of stock props for the M2P. I am Going to try various combinations until I decide which ones I will have on my M2P. I really like the red ones for the front of it so it’s more visible when I am up in the air and that way I can tell the orientation of the drone. Also just applied a brightly colored vinyl skin for visibility reasons.
Being that it’s such a small drone having the red props in the front helps me to find it up there!!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm evil - but I'm a fan of CF prop's. I replaced the stock 'quiet' DJI prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum, with CF prop's the same shape and dimensions, except they are a bit thicker in the air-foil section. They ARE quieter than the quiet props, and the reason is that they are stiffer i.e. there is less torsional flex in the blade, and therefore they maintain their angle of attack and lift. I did measurements and found that with the stock DJI 'quiet' Platinum prop's, the motor rpm showing on the controller during hover, varied between 501 and 515 rpm. With the CF prop's, the rpm range dropped in the hover to 460 to 475 rpm (test was done at same hover altitude within 5 minutes of each other). It's the slower rotational speed that makes the prop's quieter (ask any attack helicopter pilot!). I thought that the CF prop's would make the Mavic twitchy in windy conditions, because the torsional & longitudinal flex of the stock DJI prop's act like shock-absorbers and soak up the turbulence (like an airliner's wing does) - but - I've not seen any evidence of that 'when the winds of November came early!'
So - maybe long term I'll find I've made a problem for myself, but meanwhile, I'm flying OK ...

One of the main reasons I use CF props for all my drones is the durability!! With my Inspire 2 I accidentally hit a tree limb and the Tmotor CF winglet folding props cut right through the 1” limb without any damage to either the propellers or anything else. Upon checking them there were no cracks or anything else but I kept my eye on them for several flights after the incident. They have been on my Inspire 2 for over a year now with no problems. This incident is exactly why I continue to fly with CF props for the foreseeable future and until someone comes out with a better solution I will stick with them.

No doubt.... but as they say, ‘you can’t take it with you.’
I got mine from Drone world already, didn't like that much, the mavic 2 accerlations was a lot slower, and top speed i lost about 4 miles per hour, they claim its fast in the wind and they're wrong, also they claim that they don't use screws to put the props together( mention on their adds that screws will come loose) they lied, it's got screws on them. honestly it looks like the other carbon props with the label Drone world on the props.

I paid $79.99 for these Mavic 2 carbon props, use them once only, not happy with it all, they look like the cheap ones I've I had on my mavic pro except these are for the 2, they claim they don't use screws to put the props together, they lied, I'm afraid to fly out far or high because the screws can come loose and your bird, you get the point,

So to update this thread, I received a return shipping label from Drone World and sent them back to them for a full refund. But I am still upset about them not being totally upfront with their description of what they are actually for on their website page.
When I contacted them about it they acknowledged that they were for the MP1 or the Platinum but they also said that their test pilots had flown them on the M2P many times without any problems. All I am saying is that this type of business practice is totally wrong and unethical.
Without some help from my drone friends on Facebook I wouldn’t have known that they were the wrong ones. And quite possibly might have burnt out the motors from overloading them with the incorrect weight to power ratio because the M2P series is heavier than the Platinum or MP1.
Honestly take it from me don't buy the Drone World Carbon props, it's a rip off, bought mine from Amazon $79.99, it's a cheap brand with the words Drone world on the props. and they use screws, but they advertised that they don't use screw on its site. Screws come loose and your drones will fall off sky

Those propellers from Drone World are actually the same propellers for the Platinum and not for the Mavic 2. I emailed them and they admitted that they were for the MP1 or the Platinum and then they said that their technicians had tested them thoroughly with no problems. And then they said they understood that I was not happy with the purchase and sent me a return shipping label so I could return them for a refund. I sent them back and I am still waiting for them to refund my money via PayPal. As of today I have NOT been refunded!!
After hearing about this on Facebook I did some research and found out that Drone World has an “F” rating at the Better Business Burea.
If I get my money back from them I’ll be surprised. So buyers beware of them.

Honestly take it from me don't buy the Drone World Carbon props, it's a rip off, bought mine from Amazon $79.99, it's a cheap brand with the words Drone world on the props. and they use screws, but they advertised that they don't use screw on its site. Screws come loose and your drones will fall off sky
You’re exactly right! Drone World is a rip-off business!

Here’s a photo of what I’m talking about

Attachments

• 1A69EE47-2A41-497B-9998-4F5814D46736.jpeg
    1A69EE47-2A41-497B-9998-4F5814D46736.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 02E2265C-86A8-4EBB-BD6D-A352F0CE5A21.jpeg
    02E2265C-86A8-4EBB-BD6D-A352F0CE5A21.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • A2C65CB0-8E5A-49FE-AE50-9E575D1E07B2.jpeg
    A2C65CB0-8E5A-49FE-AE50-9E575D1E07B2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • 7B710AAF-7C42-4C59-9E66-AD12D87EF6BF.jpeg