DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber Props

Inspirephil

Inspirephil
Reactions
Just got these CF props for my M2P from Drone World yesterday and I will be testing them out as soon as the rain stops here in Oregon. I’ll let everyone know how I like them after a few test flights. Not looking for more speed than the stock propellers I am just checking them out for durability reasons.

Attachments

• EDDD3D19-12DE-4772-AAFE-8EECBB89D02E.jpeg
    EDDD3D19-12DE-4772-AAFE-8EECBB89D02E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
  • 861395BD-7D14-42A2-BE49-8BC66F645170.jpeg
    861395BD-7D14-42A2-BE49-8BC66F645170.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
Those look to be similar to the Hensych 8331 prop's I've been using (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07848L...colid=X5BS0IJUTCGA&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) - except yours have the Drone World branding. I've been flying my Mavic Pro Platinum with these props for a while now. They are extremely durable and are quieter due to them being 'stiffer' ... Due to the stiffness, the motors don't need to turn as fast to keep the Mavic in the hover (its the rpm that makes the noise). I found that the rpm dropped from about 510 rpm with the stock DJI 'quiet' prop's, down to around 470 rpm with these c-f prop's. It will be interesting to see what you think of them on the Mavic Pro 2.

Those look to be similar to the Hensych 8331 prop's I've been using (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07848L...colid=X5BS0IJUTCGA&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) - except yours have the Drone World branding. I've been flying my Mavic Pro Platinum with these props for a while now. They are extremely durable and are quieter due to them being 'stiffer' ... Due to the stiffness, the motors don't need to turn as fast to keep the Mavic in the hover (its the rpm that makes the noise). I found that the rpm dropped from about 510 rpm with the stock DJI 'quiet' prop's, down to around 470 rpm with these c-f prop's. It will be interesting to see what you think of them on the Mavic Pro 2.
After closer inspection these propellers are NOT the correct ones for the M2P and I am attempting to contact Drone World for a refund. These props are for the Platinum or Mavic Pro 1. They’re much smaller than the stock propellers and not the same shape as the stock propellers either. So I hope that Drone World honors their return policy.

Here’s a recommendation from a pilot on Facebook who explains it better than I do:
Your throwing the wrong props on your 1500 hundred dollar drone if you have to run them if I were you I’d find the ones on amazon that are the correct ones because they do have them and they are about 25 dollars and are the correct size 8743 the props at least your not chancing flying something smaller just for the carbon fiber look and feel on a chance your motors won’t overheat but some people have more money then I do to take the chances ha ha. Good luck bud
I hope this helps you not to purchase those props from Drone World!

I hope this helps you not to purchase those props from Drone World!
Yea I didnt buy anything, dont really need extra regular ones, just thought that even quieter ones might be nice.

After closer inspection these propellers are NOT the correct ones for the M2P and I am attempting to contact Drone World for a refund. These props are for the Platinum or Mavic Pro 1. They’re much smaller than the stock propellers and not the same shape as the stock propellers either. So I hope that Drone World honors their return policy.
That will be why they looked identical to the Mavic Pro Platinum prop's then ... I wondered. Glad you got that sorted before serious flying.

Just got these CF props for my M2P from Drone World yesterday and I will be testing them out as soon as the rain stops here in Oregon. I’ll let everyone know how I like them after a few test flights. Not looking for more speed than the stock propellers I am just checking them out for durability reasons.

I recently picked up a set too. Can’t wait to try them.. not sure about durability... but they sure look cool.

P

They also will void your warranty from DJI.
First, that blanket statement is incorrect. Legally, DJI would need t show that the use of the props caused the loss... (legally) it is simply not a given that the mear use will void the warranty. Second, given DJI's history I'd say that there is a good chance DJI _would_ simply not address repairs if they found out that a person used non-OEM props. They have a long history of not following US laws when it comes to things like this.

I recently picked up a set too. Can’t wait to try them.. not sure about durability... but they sure look cool.
The extra money you are spending is getting you exactly that one thing.... looks. Nothing else.

Just like to throw in my 2 cents... Carbon fibre is tough, period.

I would not risk Carbon Fibre props on my Mavic Pro.

I have had the occasional low speed contact with walls and branches, and I would rather the soft OEM props gave way, than damage occur to the motors or arms due to the carbon fibre props transmitting the shock to them..

if the softer props deflect or buckle and absorb the impact, then better that than much harder Carbon props causing more damage..

Just my thoughts....
Waylander

I've been buying from these guys for a couple of years now. They are good people and should take care of you with no issues.

Just like to throw in my 2 cents... Carbon fibre is tough, period.

I would not risk Carbon Fibre props on my Mavic Pro.

I have had the occasional low speed contact with walls and branches, and I would rather the soft OEM props gave way, than damage occur to the motors or arms due to the carbon fibre props transmitting the shock to them..

if the softer props deflect or buckle and absorb the impact, then better that than much harder Carbon props causing more damage..

Just my thoughts....
Waylander
I agree with waylander, sort of. Carbon fiber is strong, not tough. In a crash the CF would impart a lot more energy to damaging the motors. Tough implies the ability to absorb and deform without breaking, as on the OEM props waylander mentions. Just watch a Formula One race car hit a wall and all the CF pieces shatter and go flying instead of bending. Also, I don't think the stiffness of CF would make them quieter. Quite the opposite. Again I'll use an analogy. A falcon's feathers are very stiff because they don't care about wind noise. They are just going to outrun their prey. A hawk's feathers, and more so, an owl's are soft because they hunt by stealth.

Last edited:
Having props that "look cool might turn you on while the drone is on the ground but once the props are spinning and it's flying just a short distance away, where's the cool factor?

Reactions: Machineshop
So to update this thread, I received a return shipping label from Drone World and sent them back to them for a full refund. But I am still upset about them not being totally upfront with their description of what they are actually for on their website page.
When I contacted them about it they acknowledged that they were for the MP1 or the Platinum but they also said that their test pilots had flown them on the M2P many times without any problems. All I am saying is that this type of business practice is totally wrong and unethical.
Without some help from my drone friends on Facebook I wouldn’t have known that they were the wrong ones. And quite possibly might have burnt out the motors from overloading them with the incorrect weight to power ratio because the M2P series is heavier than the Platinum or MP1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom