DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber Props

empennage

Reactions
I am interested in carbon fiber props for mavic mini and seek opinions as to whether it's worth the expense.
On a side note...Why folding props other than portability? Couldn't find on Google. Thanks

What are you expecting to gain by the use of the props?

three issues with CF props for the MM as i see it, the quality of construction, and if they are real CF, the danger to human skin and the drone itself if it hits something

three issues with CF props for the MM as i see it, the quality of construction, and if they are real CF, the danger to human skin and the drone itself if it hits something
I understand now the prop won't break
and put a strain on the motors. I heard
that they tended to be noisier, but have no idea, other than as you say quality of construction. Given the safety issues as well, I think I'll pass. Thank you

Can’t speak for the Mavic mini but all I run are carbon fiber props. Good ones are not cheap but well worth the investment.

Can’t speak for the Mavic mini but all I run are carbon fiber props. Good ones are not cheap but well worth the investment.

I am a newbie and read on one thread that CF props were good for the MM a and suggested Bandgood as a place to purchase them. I went ahead and ordered two sets. Now I hope I did not make a mistake. Can you suggest what is considered a good set?

What I have noticed with CF props is the response is a little better. Can’t speak for the mini though. All you can do is try them out.

Reactions: empennage
Thank you. What I understood from the previous thread is their durability and not getting into a forced landing due to a prop failing.

I have never had a carbon fiber prop ever fail and I’ve been using them for years. Nice thing about them there’s no flex when you are flying. But I only buy good quality carbon fiber props. Are there cheap ones out there yes like everything else get what you pay for.

ChipDjiPro

If I may ask whose CF blades do you use?

This is my first time purchasing CF props. I ordered one set through Amazon which comes from China - Link - It comes from Daily Mall and it is marked with strips for correct placement

And the other set I ordered was from Banggood which was recommended on one recent thread - Link

I choose these because they have the prop guards with them and they are also marked. Some on Banggod are so inexpensive that they scare me as I believe you get what you pay for so I opted for the more expensive set.

They both will take time to get here but the reason I purchased them is the problem with the MMs going into unwanted landings.

It seems carbon props on the mini are an improvement over the thin DJI props that flatten while in the case, causing an uncontrollable decent. There are a couple of reviews on this forum and YouTube, all with excellent results.

Reactions: empennage
It seems carbon props on the mini are an improvement over the thin DJI props that flatten while in the case, causing an uncontrollable decent. There are a couple of reviews on this forum and YouTube, all with excellent results.

That's good to know as I wasn't sure but decided to try them. Thank you,

I have some Sunnylife props on order and am not sure of quality, but other drone accessories like foldable landing gear has been well made.
Thank you for the observation regarding prop deformation. I will keep it in mind

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_