DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh coming but... (couple of Qs)

vandemonian

Reactions
I have a Care Refresh (A2S) replacement coming after a successful claim (long screed over here: Two weeks underwater, 3 rescue attempts.. A long story of drowned drone and determination.. ) which I'm thoroughly jazzed about because I made three, cold & wet search and recovery attempts to bring home and send back the body..

When I get this unit I'll obviously "Pair" it with my RC to get flight control capability and I guess I'll see the option to bind it to my remaining Care Refresh Package which is essential to continue cover but what happens in my account with my old S/No. drone and the flight data that's connected to that unit.. There's an option in Management Options to remove device but I'm thinking this might also remove the flight records and data from my profile - or not?

Does anyone have experience about what to "do or not do" (No Yoda jokes pls) when it comes to removing devices in the management tab and keep flight records continuous...?

Thanks.
Chris

When I sent my Air 2s for replacement after a crash DJI asked me to send back the Air 2s and the standard controller. I got a replacement for both, all working from the start. Care Refresh was already bound to the new Air 2s.
DJI should give you instruction as to what you would need to do. You will have a new serial number so you'll need to take care of any government registrations if they are used in Australia.

I fly exclusively in the Sonoran Desert in AZ, home of countless aggressive Red Tail Hawks, curious Ravens & the occasional Golden Eagle. I have a strobe flashing on top of my Mini 2 whenever it is in flight & have never been bothered by birds in 53 flights (So far!)

I have a strobe on my drones, and I still have birds coming up to it curious. I do my best to stay away from ang and all birds and their nests along with known territories. Unfortunately, I've had my drone totally destroyed mid air. They are very territorial and it doesn't matter with any of my Mavic drones that I have. They still will take you out if you are unknowingly in their territory. Even with a strobe on the drone. I've logged on one of my 5 drones over 800 hours (specifically the Mavic 3 in less than 4 months) Last week, I put it up and within 2 minutes and in out of no where in swooped a hawk that came in shredded it in the air, somehow managing to yank the battery and fly away with it after shredding the rest of my drone to pieces.

so I wish I could say strobes help. What would be nice is if they released a device that emitted a sound that would detour birds from attacking your drone. Or released a scent.

This is a location I have flown many times and never had an issue quite like this. Of course birds will be birds, but unexpected things happen.

I had the same question like te original requestor before doing a CR claim. At the end after receiving a new Mini, I still have both drones listed in my flight logs. Based on the Serial Number I still have access to the old flight log of my first Mini. In addition I have now a second Serial Number representing the new one.
Binding to the controller was straight forward, it did the binding to the dji account automatically.
With having this done the Care refresh is now valid for the new one, still having the chance for a second replacement - hope I donot need it ;-).
HTH

I have a strobe on my drones, and I still have birds coming up to it curious. I do my best to stay away from ang and all birds and their nests along with known territories. Unfortunately, I've had my drone totally destroyed mid air. They are very territorial and it doesn't matter with any of my Mavic drones that I have. They still will take you out if you are unknowingly in their territory. Even with a strobe on the drone. I've logged on one of my 5 drones over 800 hours (specifically the Mavic 3 in less than 4 months) Last week, I put it up and within 2 minutes and in out of no where in swooped a hawk that came in shredded it in the air, somehow managing to yank the battery and fly away with it after shredding the rest of my drone to pieces.

so I wish I could say strobes help. What would be nice is if they released a device that emitted a sound that would detour birds from attacking your drone. Or released a scent.

This is a location I have flown many times and never had an issue quite like this. Of course birds will be birds, but unexpected things happen.
Then I must be lucky for my Mini 2 to survive in such a hostile aerial environment. Guess I will continue to use the strobe as a good luck talisman, then!

I guess I'll see the option to bind it to my remaining Care Refresh Package which is essential to continue cover
I can't tell you what will happen with your flight data, but I am an expert on transferring the Care Refresh Policy…

I've had four Mini 2s on one Care Refresh policy. The first Mini 2 I bought at Costco and I bought the Care Refresh the day I activated the Drone. Within two-weeks, I realized that the camera was screwy and the videos had Green lines running through them. I returned that Drone to Costco. They do not do exchanges. You return the item for your money back, and then you can buy a new unit, as I did. I had to email DJI copies of the return unit's receipt and the purchase receipt of the new Drone and they did the rest. Took about 3-days and only the two emails, one asking what I needed to do and the second, send in the copies of the receipts.

That second drone, I crashed and returned it using the care refresh and DJI updated the policy with the replacement… Well, that one (the third one…) was defective and had GPS problems and I returned that one under warranty.

DJI exchanged that one for another new one and again, DJI updated the policy with the information for the forth… I've been flying that one since and it's about time to buy the Care Refresh Plus policy to cover it for a second year…

You may check your coverage in two different ways. Enter the serial number for the new drone in the link below and it will give you your answer and you can click on a link to the actual Care Refresh Policy. It reads just like a car insurance policy (about 5-pages long…).

The other way is to go to the DJI Web Page and check the status to buy a Care Refresh Plus Policy (the policy for the second year…). Go to the lInk below and at the top of the Screen, hover your mouse over the word "SUPPORT" and a new window will appear and under to title Service Plans, Click on Care Refresh Plus and then depending you’re your model you will have to enter the required current serial number and if you are eligible for the policy it will list the price. At that point, you can just close the window and no harm is done. For my Mini 2, the price for Care Refresh Plus is $39…

Good Luck and Safe Flying…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus