DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care refresh for Mavik Mini

CobblerDenis

Reactions
Hi everyone. I am new to drones but my family very kindly bought me a Mavic Mini for my birthday through Amazon UK. I live in Spain but after reading various articles and watching YouTube videos went for the Care refresh package. I bought it from DJI Madrid and paid 44.90Euros. I ordered it on the 8 March and was told it was dispatched on the 9th. I then found out that I would not be able to use the package because the drone was bought through Amazon UK. In any case I still haven't received the package and DJI Madrid will not refund me. Anyone else had any such problems?

There is no package to receive. It’s just an insurance policy added to your DJI account.

Reactions: E90RAW
Return the drone to Amazon and buy it from DJI.
Good chance you’ll need it

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they do that? There’s nothing wrong with the drone.
“then found out that I would not be able to use the package because the drone was bought through Amazon UK.”
That’s why.
If you don’t buy it from a registered DJI dealer you can’t use it.

“then found out that I would not be able to use the package because the drone was bought through Amazon UK.”
That’s why.
If you don’t buy it from a registered DJI dealer you can’t use it.
He’s saying he can’t use care refresh. The drone us fine. And, Amazon is a registered DJI dealer, but even if they’re not you can still get care refresh. The UK and Spain are both within Europe, so there’s no warranty or region issue

What he needs to do is register the drone for care refresh through the DJI website.

Hi everyone. I am new to drones but my family very kindly bought me a Mavic Mini for my birthday through Amazon UK. I live in Spain but after reading various articles and watching YouTube videos went for the Care refresh package. I bought it from DJI Madrid and paid 44.90Euros. I ordered it on the 8 March and was told it was dispatched on the 9th. I then found out that I would not be able to use the package because the drone was bought through Amazon UK. In any case I still haven't received the package and DJI Madrid will not refund me. Anyone else had any such problems?
The drone HAS TO be purchased from the same country it was purchased from. This is in the care refresh contract. Also, you have to ensure the place you purchased from is a "DJI Authorized Dealer". If you have already activated the drone and flown it, it is more onerous to obtain the DJI Care Refresh as well, but you can still get it by sending in pictures or video (I think). You need to activate when you first turn on the drone prior to flight. I have used my DJICR already after less than a month on a M2Z and it is worth it. As stated above you'll likely need it.

The drone HAS TO be purchased from the same country it was purchased from. This is in the care refresh contract. Also, you have to ensure the place you purchased from is a "DJI Authorized Dealer". If you have already activated the drone and flown it, it is more onerous to obtain the DJI Care Refresh as well, but you can still get it by sending in pictures or video (I think). You need to activate when you first turn on the drone prior to flight. I have used my DJICR already after less than a month on a M2Z and it is worth it. As stated above you'll likely need it.
Thanks for this. Sadly I don't think there is much I can do. My family thought they were doing the right thing in buying from Amazon UK as that is where they live and their drone knowledge is as good as mine was.

Thanks for this. Sadly I don't think there is much I can do. My family thought they were doing the right thing in buying from Amazon UK as that is where they live and their drone knowledge is as good as mine was.
Don't worry you will soon be upgrading or getting another drone. Time for that later. This hobby is ADDICTING!!!

Welcome to the forum. Get involved, ask questions, as you can see you will find plenty of advice and suggestions. The care refresh is a good deal and worth the effort to contact DJI with your particular situation. They may surprise you. Wish you well.

I activated mine before my first flight because I got hang dogged by Chinese new year once before.

You only need to buy the drone from an authorized dealer for warranty work. You can by a dji drone from anywhere and get refresh for it as long as it was not activated. I've bought 2 drones that were new but from a personal sale and never once had an issue with DJI care refresh.

Now I'm not sure about the country thing but that does make sense.

Thats not correct at all. I bought my Mavic Pro on holiday in France, and bought Refresh when I got back to England.
DJI treat Europe as one territory, so any drone bought in any country in Europe can get care refresh in another European country.

Reactions: Capt KO
I can vouch for the care refresh plan. I have used it on my MM, no questions asked, good communication on website, new MM arrived in 10 days (mostly shipping, also paid by DJI). I had an incident with my Mavic Air, no coverage, minimal cost to repair, they offered the care refresh plan on the "repaired" MA. I scooped it up and feel a bit more comfortable with the plan to back me up. For what it's worth, my experience in the US.

DJI
DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement
Agreement No.:
Thank you for choosing DJI Care Refresh.
By purchasing the DJI Care Refresh, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to this service agreement. With DJI Care Refresh, you will receive a prioritized replacement service for your product.
The service is valid for 12 months, starting on 2020/02/04 and ending on 2021/02/03.
DJI Care Refresh can be cancelled upon return of the product purchased, according to DJI’s refund and return policies. DJI Care Refresh cannot be cancelled without returning the aircraft purchased.
The DJI Care Refresh service which you recently purchased has now come into effect. This service plan cannot be bought repeatedly for a single product. One product can only be bound to and activate DJI Care Refresh one time, so please do not repurchase DJI Care Refresh for the same product or its replaced product. However, if your DJI Care Refresh has not yet expired and there is at least one product replacement left in your service, you can extend the warranty service further by purchasing DJI Care Refresh +, which will extend the replacement service for one more year and prolong your product’s warranty period.
1. Replacement Service
DJI Care Refresh is created by SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "we" or "DJI") to give you peace of mind. DJI promises to provide replacement products if damage occurs accidentally under normal use to a covered aircraft, gimbal camera, battery and propellers within the period of validity. DJI has a relationship with an insurance company that covers the cost of these programs.
Name
Phone No.
Email
Aircraft TypeMavic 2
Aircraft S/N
Gimbal S/N
Times2
Period of Validity12 Months
InquiryDJI
2. Coverage
If damage occurs accidentally to your product under normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested. The replacement units will be in new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
For the Osmo Series, the camera and battery can be replaced.
For the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced.
For the Ronin series, the gimbal mechanics and grip (including battery) can be replaced.
For the Phantom 4 Pro series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 3 SE, the aircraft, gimbal, camera and propellers can be replaced.
For the Inspire 2, the aircraft and propellers can be replaced.
For the Zenmuse X4S, X5S and X7, the gimbal and camera( including lens) can be replaced.
Some important details are listed below:
1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity.
2) If you choose to apply for a replacement under DJI Care Refresh, your original product needs to be returned to DJI and a replacement service fee will be charged. After replacement, the original product becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining period of the Plan.
3) DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. DJI Care Refresh only supports product purchased from official or authorized channels, and its benefits are only eligible in the region where it was purchased.
4) DJI will cover shipping fees only in the country or region where DJI Care Refresh was purchased. Otherwise, the customer will bear responsibility any shipping and customs fees caused by sending the product from another region. DJI has the right to refuse service in this circumstance.
5) DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for replacement of your product twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated.
6) The first time replacement fee is USD 119, the second time replacement fee is USD 139.
3. Exclusions
The service does not cover:
1) Lost or partially lost product and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned product and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.
4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your product.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.
4. Replacement Process
1) If damage to your DJI product occurs and you are within DJI Care Refresh coverage, contact DJI Support via DJI Support – Here for You – DJI, TEL and ONLINE SUPPORT are preferred.
2) Send your product (including the aircraft, gimbal, camera, propellers or battery) based on the DJI Care Refresh warranty plan you have purchased to a DJI designated repair center under the instruction of DJI Support.
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Inspire 2), send the aircraft and propellers.
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (X4S/X5S/X7), send X4S, X5S or X7 gimbal and camera( including lens).
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Ronin Series), send the gimbal mechanics and grip (including battery)
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 3 SE), send the aircraft, gimbal, camera and propellers.
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Mavic series and Spark), send the aircraft, gimbal, camera and propellers. In order to shorten logistics time, please do not send back the battery if it works well.
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Osmo series), send the camera. In order to shorten logistics time, please do not send back the battery if it works well.
If you do not send the required part(s), DJI may require you to send it (them) again or decline your replacement request.
3) DO NOT return the remote controller. You will be required to undertake any fees incurred from returning the remote controller.
4) DJI Care Refresh provides up to two replacements for your product. For each replacement service, DJI Care Refresh for the Osmo series, Mavic series and Spark covers only one battery replacement. Please do not send additional batteries or accessories. Otherwise, the customer will be responsible for any related shipping and handling fees.
5) If damage to your product occurs and you are within DJI Care Refresh’s coverage, you will receive a quotation about repair fees. You can choose to pay for repair or replace your product. For replacement services, an additional fee will be charged. After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send the replacement to you.
5. Fee
There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you choose DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. The cost of two way postage for customers within DJI Care Refresh service areas will be covered by DJI. In other areas, these costs and any associated customer’s duties are at the customer's expense. In all areas the custom fees are at the customer's expense. Each time the replacement service is requested, a service fee will be charged.
6. Personal Information
You agree to provide DJI with your personal information, including but not limited to your name, email address, address, phone number, fax number, identity number, in order for us to provide you with a better service thereunder. When requesting the DJI Care Refresh replacement option, DJI will delete any recorded data from the product you originally sent. By apply for the DJI Care Refresh, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed the Privacy Policy as shown at DJI Privacy Policy - Everything You Need To Know.
Please do NOT deliver the SD card to DJI. DJI shall not be responsible for any damage or loss to the data or personal information stored or saved in your product.
Copyright © 2019 DJI All Rights Reserved.​
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23