DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh Good Value?

Martin-123

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the purchase of my Mavic 3 Pro and I'm looking for opinions on the value of Care Refresh.
I'm based in the UK, by the way, but I expect to spend a lot of time in the EU and Ukraine.
I find it odd that they can send you a used replacement, and that in this forum people say some replacements have faults.
I also believe they will only send replacements to the country where you bought the original, which I understand, but there are about 30 countries in the EU! (btw, I apologise for Brexit). This also suggests that the service standards might vary from one country to another.
I'd be grateful for opinions, both good and bad, please. Or, ... is it a no-brainer that, as a novice, I should buy CR? TIA.

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

My experience with DJI Care Refresh was that they sent a brand new drone (Air 2s). In my opinion, one should have Care Refresh or some kind of insurance on the drone (unless you have the money to just throw away) :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

My experience with DJI Care Refresh was that they sent a brand new drone (Air 2s). In my opinion, one should have Care Refresh or some kind of insurance on the drone (unless you have the money to just throw away) :)
Thank you for the welcome, GFields. Do you think the majority of owners have CR then...? TIA.

Reactions: dozzn
Welcome.
I doubt DJI's service standards vary across the European continent and I beleive British repairs go Amsterdam. The service standards of local carriers might however vary.
Are you aware that there is also an 'excess' for each care refresh replacement?
You may also find that the claim for a british bought drone has to be made from the UK, I am not sure if you could then post it from another jurisdiction. You should look into these questions.

Reactions: Martin-123
Welcome.
I doubt DJI's service standards vary across the European continent and I beleive British repairs go Amsterdam. The service standards of local carriers might however vary.
Are you aware that there is also an 'excess' for each care refresh replacement?
You may also find that the claim for a british bought drone has to be made from the UK, I am not sure if you could then post it from another jurisdiction. You should look into these questions.
Thank you Yorkie! That's why I'm asking here, as well as reading the small print.
Which part of God's Own Country are you from?

they can send you a used replacement
And most cases(as mentioned above)you will get a new product. Certainly in the case of the Mavic 3 Pro, there probably aren’t any refurbs available at this time for DJI to send out as a replacement.
Care refresh? I’m not a fan. I just use the appropriate care in how I fly.

Last edited:
Do you think the majority of owners have CR then...?
I can't say that to be the case. I can only speak of my personal opinion and experience. Each drone pilot has their opinion on DJI Care Refresh. Some like it and have, while others do not. You will need to decide on what's best for you.

And most cases(as mentioned above)you will get a new product. Certainly in the case of the Mavic 3 Pro, there probably aren’t any refurbs available at this time for DJI to send out as a replacements.
Care refresh? I’m not a fan. I just use the appropriate care in how I fly.
Thank you Starz. Can I ask if you've ever crash-landed? Perhaps you are an experienced pilot. I'm not, or at least not yet. My flying skills will take some time to develop, but I'm glad to know that some people don't buy CR.

I have it and have used it. The claim process was hassel free. From boxing it up and giving it to UPS, it was exactly one week until I unboxed my brand new Air 2S.

Reactions: Cafguy
I will leave current location as UK but I have been around lol.
Ok. Sorry. I didn't intend to compromise your privacy. Just making conversation.
By 'God's Own Country' I meant Yorkshire, btw. I asked because I lived in Saddleworth in my teens.

Check you home owners insurance. in the US, State Farm insures my drones for $75 a year. Much less expensive than DJI.

Reactions: skycam509
Ok. Sorry. I didn't intend to compromise your privacy. Just making conversation.
By 'God's Own Country' I meant Yorkshire, btw. I asked because I lived in Saddleworth in my teens.
No problem, Saddleworth Moor is a nice place ........ in the correct weather lol.

I have found the Care Refresh program to be very good. I have a mini 3 pro. I had an unfortunate experience with a tree branch which crashed my drone. It seemed OK and indeed flew afterward, but it was clear that something was off, so I contacted them and sent it for repair. Within a couple of days, they I had a brand new m3p delivered. A few months later as was bringing the new drone back to me (with the sun behind it), yet another tree branch reached up out of nowhere and grabbed it. Result? One arm seemed slightly damaged, but it flew albeit with a shuddering gimbal. Same story - I called, sent it in and within a couple of days had another new one. It has been a learning experience - stay away from trees. And I am. But I have nothing but good things to say about Care Refresh.

Many novice pilots will have a mishap in the first year and you’re buying a very expensive drone. I purchased refresh on my mini 1 and A2 but never used, thankfully. I don’t consider it money wasted as it made flying much less stressful. Flew missions I wouldn’t have otherwise.
Good luck on your adventures, don’t get shot down. But just in case.

Hi Everyone. I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the purchase of my Mavic 3 Pro and I'm looking for opinions on the value of Care Refresh.
I'm based in the UK, by the way, but I expect to spend a lot of time in the EU and Ukraine.
I find it odd that they can send you a used replacement, and that in this forum people say some replacements have faults.
I also believe they will only send replacements to the country where you bought the original, which I understand, but there are about 30 countries in the EU! (btw, I apologise for Brexit). This also suggests that the service standards might vary from one country to another.
I'd be grateful for opinions, both good and bad, please. Or, ... is it a no-brainer that, as a novice, I should buy CR? TIA.
Take it..It is worth every penny
They sent me a new replacement without any issues

I've used both Care and Refresh, and, Personal Items Policies, from State Farm Insurance (US), to cover My Drones.
Personal Items Policies pay out a lot quicker since you don't have to go through the Analysis portion of the Care and Refresh process, or, any of the Shipping, hack and forth. Also, you don't have to worry about being denied coverage. DJI has denied coverage, in the past, for using certain 3rd party accessories, thereby, leaving you to cover the entire bill for repair/replacement.
The only real downside of a Personal Items Policy is that if/when you ever have to file a claim, it may be hard to get coverage for another one, from the same Insurance Company.
So far, though, I haven't had any crashes, so, I can't speak from first-hand experience on that.
My experiences with Care and Refresh, came from an Air 2 with a faulty Cooling Fan, and, a Mini 3, that was fine, until they updated the firmware to support 48mp Photos. Every 3 out of 5 Vertical Pics, would have a shadow line, on the right side of the photo, about an inch from the edge.
in both cases, DJI went above and beyond to make me happy (free Mini 3 battery, 2 full sets of Air 2 props, and, a DJI RC-N1 Tablet Mount, on separate claims).
As you can see, both have options have their own advantages/drawbacks.
I guess it depends on your actual needs.
I hope any of this helps.

After losing my first drone relatively quickly and crashing my second drone, I opted to buy care refresh for my third drone (a mini 3 pro). I'm hoping that now that I've actually bought it, I won't need it, but if I do, it will be money well spent. I just consider it like any insurance - you hope you don't need it.

Given all the feedback I've seen about it, it seems to be pretty good overall - most people seem to have a very positive experience when using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura