DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh new Mavic Pro owner here...

luv2skyski

Reactions
I know this subject has been beat to death, but I just need a little clarification.
  1. Do you buy the care refresh when you activate your Mavic?
  2. Can you order it before you activate your Mavic through the DJI app?
  3. I've read where others use State Farm for insurance ($60 or so a year) so there is no need to recover the drone (under water, up a tree)?
  4. Do you have to already have SF insurance or is this a totally separate policy?
  5. Is this something you can get with your homeowners insurance?
I'm supposed to receive my Mavic Pro tomorrow and was just wondering about the timing/SF insurance.

As alway, Thanks in Advance.
Sincerely, Dave.

1. Yes
2. No. I'm not sure why you would need to. Refresh is tied to the serial number of the aircraft.
3. True.
4. This depends on the agent. In most cases they require you to already have insurance with them. I called three of my nearest agents and none would issue a policy. I think they are getting away from insuring drones. They probably lose money doing it. If it was economically feasible then other carriers would do it.
5. It's called a Personal Articles Policy. It's an additional policy.

Thanks 53-63-6f-74-74. I'll just wait till I get the Mavic tomorrow and go through the activation, then sign up. Seems to easy not to just use the DJI care refresh.
Sincerely, Dave.

OP, where are you located? I have a list of hundreds of State Farm agents who have experience covering drones with standalone policies.

I just purchased a stand alone PAP (personal articles policy) through State Farm (through the agency thunderdrones sent me in a pm) good for $1000 for $75 a year (seems they went up $15).
Sincerely, Dave.

Reactions: Former Member
I just purchased a stand alone PAP (personal articles policy) through State Farm (through the agency @thunderdrones sent me in a pm) good for $1000 for $75 a year (seems they went up $15).
Sincerely, Dave.

Glad you were able to get it.

To me, these State Farm policies would be a value even at $200+ per year.

You can purchase and activate refresh without hassle up to 48 hours after activating the AC.
After that you need to submit an unedited video showing air worthyness.

OP, where are you located? I have a list of hundreds of State Farm agents who have experience covering drones with standalone policies.

So do you have any in Maryland? I tried calling State Farm preciously and they told me I would need to also have my other items such as my
House and car insured through them. I called my current insurance with Eirie and they said the drone would be covered under my homeowners insurance. I would still rather have a stand-alone insurance for my Mavic

Rob, I live in Rhode Island and have not been able to secure insurance on my mavic 2 (never bought Refresh big mistake) . I have had the drone for approximately 5 months now and worry every time I go out and fly. Do you have any advice or know of any agents? State Farm is not available in RI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for all you do to support this site!

Rob, I live in Rhode Island and have not been able to secure insurance on my mavic 2 (never bought Refresh big mistake) . I have had the drone for approximately 5 months now and worry every time I go out and fly. Do you have any advice or know of any agents? State Farm is not available in RI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for all you do to support this site!

I really don’t think it’s too much of a mistake. Yes of you crash your MP2, you send it in to DJI and get a replacement. If you loose it, you are ***ed out as you will not be able to submit claim for lost, drown or stolen drone. I opt out this time around. Figured if I crash and need anything replace on my MP/MP2, I’ll send it to Rob @ Thunder Drones and it ifnit can be fixed or replaced, he’s pretty reasonable. If I loose it, there is no Refresh or Thunder Drones will be able to help me. It’s my understanding that is where a third party insurance like State Farm comes in at a yearly premium. Unfortunately depending on ageants, there are stipulations to the policy as it was told to me. My current insurance covers my drone under homeowners insurance if it’s lost or stolen. If it’s damaged, then Rob can fix it.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1