DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh program

Pawpaw Woody

Reactions
I purchased the MM1 back in October and bought the Care Refresh package as this was my first quad. Now that I have some experience I bought the M2Pro Hasselblad and registered it but I’m shocked at the 149.00 just to join the CR Package! Couple that (which is really nothing) of substance with the replacement costs of $ 139 / $119 should any disastrous anomalies happen there is $407 worth of add on's and batteries etc. I could have used it for.... Don't get me wrong I know the insurance is needed but why such a high “Member Price”? I would rather have it laid out as $288.00 for the insurance package which would make a person believe there was value added
even though the $149 is still pretty high (compared to the Mini). Yes I know the more expensive the higher insurance..... Is it just me? Say it’s not just me!

Reactions: E90RAW
I purchased the MM1 back in October and bought the Care Refresh package as this was my first quad. Now that I have some experience I bought the M2Pro Hasselblad and registered it but I’m shocked at the 149.00 just to join the CR Package! Couple that (which is really nothing) of substance with the replacement costs of $ 139 / $119 should any disastrous anomalies happen there is $407 worth of add on's and batteries etc. I could have used it for.... Don't get me wrong I know the insurance is needed but why such a high “Member Price”? I would rather have it laid out as $288.00 for the insurance package which would make a person believe there was value added
even though the $149 is still pretty high (compared to the Mini). Yes I know the more expensive the higher insurance..... Is it just me? Say it’s not just me!
Welcome to insurance. I have CR on both my M2P and M2Z. I crashed my M2Z and it was ugly. The care refresh replaced the drone with a brand new drone but I believe this is unusual. They usually will replace with a refurb. The cost of repairing a drone is not that much as I look back. The benefits of the insurance over just paying for a repair is if you sink the drone (H2O) or if you have a really ugly crash like mine. A replacement with a new drone is worth it in my opinion, but not a minor repair. Also people have posted getting coverage thru their homeowners (if you have it) which is cheap. I am up for renewal on my CR and I think I will not renew it.

Reactions: Blackbird69
You have to look at CR as insurance. The premium is generally 10% of retail of the quad with deductible around that. So a less expensive DJI will have a lower cost CR than a more expensive one.

When considering insurance, you have to compare cost vs risk. Often the savings in self insuring is higher that cost of repair/replacement when you take odds of a claim into account.
Having a badly damaged Mavic repaired often not as high as it might have been with previous models, but if the gimbal is damaged, that could total the AC.

Take my personal experience when I accidentally backed over my M2Z when it was in the flymore case. Gimbal was undamaged and though it couldn't fly because of broken arms, it was electronically sound as I could start the motors without error. Estimated repair cost with DJI: $280. Refresh replacement: $170 (I forgot exact numbers but it's around those figures). I thought my $1200 unit was totalled at first but I lucked out that actual damage wasn't so bad so in this case I would have won the game with self insurance. But if the damage was more extensive such as damaged gimbal, or damaged/crashed again later in the year, I would have won taking the Refresh.

Car collision insurance is no different. If you can average a major accident only every 10 years, then saving $400/yr means you break even with a $4000 accident that's your fault. It also assumes you can afford a hit in out of pocket expense early on before you make your savings. If not, then insurance is worth it even at a net loss.

Incidentally after 2 years with also having Plus, I had no claims so DJI won the gamble.

The big problem with Care Refresh over Personal Insurance is you have to recover it & send it to DJI, no good if it is in the sea or someone has stolen it.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190