DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cargo capacity how much can the mavic PP carry?

saboken

Reactions
I want to fly into a abandoned railroad tunnel and mount a 1100 Lumen LED flashlight to my mavic but don’t want to push it past its ability to fly safely and crash on me! Anyone know how much a Mavic PP can carry without affecting its stability? The light I want to use is about 10 ounces but I have lighter ones that aren’t as bright.

The Mavic can handle that weight without problems.
Be advised that you will lose GPS signal while in the tunnel.
So be prepared to fly in ATTI mode! Maybe prop guards are a good idea.

So be prepared to fly in ATTI mode! Maybe be prop guards are a good idea.

Yea I’m working out all the details I have to know the capacity first so I can work on the other details.

So be prepared to fly in ATTI mode! Maybe prop guards are a good idea.

Will the sensors to avoid obstacles still work in ATTI Mode if there’s enough light? I’m just figuring out its abilities and limitations

Will the sensors to avoid obstacles still work in ATTI Mode if there’s enough light? I’m just figuring out its abilities and limitations

No

your'e gonna fly in a tunnel and need to ask about atti functions?,please be extra careful.

I want to fly into a abandoned railroad tunnel and mount a 1100 Lumen LED flashlight to my mavic but don’t want to push it past its ability to fly safely and crash on me! Anyone know how much a Mavic PP can carry without affecting its stability? The light I want to use is about 10 ounces but I have lighter ones that aren’t as bright.
The answer appears to be 2.3 pounds. Check out the videos.

Be careful unless u are proficient at flying rc quads/helis u will crash .... atti mode is a different beast

Yea I’m working out all the details I have to know the capacity first so I can work on the other details.

Set all settings inc attic mode and carry the cargo in daylight and practice in open space and see how well you do BEFORE a dark tunnel - just a thought good luck and show us the video once you’ve recovered your mavic ;-)

You can also place tin foil over the top of your Mavic Pro and tape it down to enter ATTI mode in the wide open. This will block GPS reception and allow you to get a feel for how erratic ATTI mode can be. Just apply to the top surface of the Mavic Pro. Dont block any vents or openings for cooling or you could overheat your bird.

if the light points at the ground under the aircraft mavic should be able to fly in vision mode which is way more stable than Atti.

Also, prop cages will reduce mavics ability to carry a payload to almost zero. You would be better off with prop guards. The cages are heavy, reduce airflow, and use smaller props. This combination gives max motor speed warnings even when flying inside in zero wind conditions.

There is another thread on here where a guy put a 1000 lumen light on his drone. Looked great.

Again I think the limiting factor is trying to maintain LOS for the remote to work. Don't forget to disable RTH. ;P

An above post says 10oz, the Mavic can easily handle that, and a bit more, depending upon how you attach it, to not alter the Center of Gravity, and affect the handling characteristics, BUT, in addition to no GPS, and signal issues, remember, that additional weight is going to dramatically reduce the length of time for your flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis