DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much weight can the gimbal handle?

Memotheleftie

Reactions
In terms of filters, how much weight would be acceptable for the gimbal to handle? The oem filters weight about 1.5 ounces

In terms of filters, how much weight would be acceptable for the gimbal to handle? The oem filters weight about 1.5 ounces
I'm not sure what type of filters you're referring to. But a single Skyreat ND/PL filter weighs only 2.15gms (less than 0.08 ounces).

I'm not sure what type of filters you're referring to. But a single Skyreat ND/PL filter weighs only 2.15gms (less than 0.08 ounces).
I was talking about the ones directly from dji, im currently using a pgytech vnd filter that according to amazon weighs about 88gr (3.1oz) but it seems a little heavy comparing to the dji ones and I dont want to risk damaging the gimbal

I do see that using the ones that have a "dial" might be to heavy and causing some people a problem. I would stick to the single lens until we hear from the ones using the ones with the dial.

Reactions: Memotheleftie
I was talking about the ones directly from dji, im currently using a pgytech vnd filter that according to amazon weighs about 88gr (3.1oz) but it seems a little heavy comparing to the dji ones and I dont want to risk damaging the gimbal
Could it be that Amazon is quoting shipping weight, with packaging?

Reactions: Memotheleftie
So I went and bought a scale, this were the results:
Pgytech vnd filter: 1.5g
Original dji: 0.8g

Can this be too much for the gimbal?
IMG_20210126_183739.jpgIMG_20210126_183750.jpg

I’ve been using the Moment variable ND filters on my MA2 and M2P, and have had no issues with weight on the gimbal. So you should have no issues with today’s ND filters.

But then I went and picked up the Moment anamorphic lens, and now we’re talking a whole ‘nother ballgame. The excessive weight requires install after gimbal has initialized, then recalibration of the gimbal after it’s affixed. Then if you fly too fast or into a head wind, the gimbal tends to just flop downwards in seeming exhaustion.

CB61561E-8C05-45B0-9030-DB8E5B774261.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998