DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carnival Cruise

designit777

Reactions
Recently return from the Bahamas on a Carnival cruise. Flew the Mavic at every island we went to with no issues. Also had no issues with security at the airport. What a great way to revisit your memories.

Reactions: TrayBoz
I'm very glad to hear this.
Questions: did you ASK anyone at Carnival Cruises for permission, or let them know in advance? Or did you just bring it on board without saying anything and hope for the best? Did anyone at Carnival say anything when you were initially boarding the ship, or re-boarding after being at port? Did anyone SEE the mavic while you were boarding, or did you slip it on unnoticed?

I'm curious because I regularly cruise to the Bahamas and the Caribbean, but I've yet to try to take a cruise with the mavic, and I've heard some cruise lines absolutely prohibit them on the ship and will confiscate it if they see it.

In any case, I'm glad to hear that you were able to cruise with the mavic without issues.

Also, did you run into any No Fly Zones anywhere in the Bahamas?

Reactions: thpranksta
You can't fly from the ship obviously but there were no problems with security throughout our entire trip. There was one no fly zone in Grand Turk. Here is a short clip of half moon cay.

Reactions: Harryw
Thank you so much. They, Carnival, actually got me a little jumpy. I called before booking and was told it was fine to bring on but can NOT fly it till i reach port. Now 5 days before my cruise a friend of mine text me and tell me to call Carnival again. Now they saying I can't even bring it on........ I follow a link from a Drone pillow that linked directly to Carnival site Exemptions (items for port use only) | Carnival Cruise Lines. As you can see Drone is an Exemption. Carnival so confused...... I just hope I don't have to stand there during check in and fight with them.....

I think that's mainly a deterrent to stop the masses from bringing them

Saying that you could be unlucky and get the jobs worth security person that knows every rule and strictly enforces them

Like I said in the other thread, I also had no issues or questions asked taking my mavic onboard & taking it off at every port, I took it through security in the fly more bag which was in a backpack

I called carnival and they said that i cant have a drone that has a detached camera. They said is because of US customs. Why?? Any tips? How to get around this? I have a 3dr solo and dont want it confiscated. Im going on a 4 day cruise from long beach on carnival inspiration.

I went last week to the Bahamas. I called nobody and flew everywhere. I flew in Half Moon Cay. I flew in Freeport, launched directly from the beach and could have flown in freeport but we never left the cruise shopping area. I carried the Mavic in my Backpack on to the ship. I used the flymore bag to carry it around everywhere. It was a blast. I did use common sense and walked away from everyone to fly in peace on Half Moon Cay but in Freeport. I walked to the Beach and launched directly from the beach and flew to the lighthouse. There was another Mavic operator there too. We stood side by side and flew until we ran out of juice. I would say the small foldables are not a problem at all just read up on the rules and fly with a tiny bit of common sense. I do regret not taking my ND filters though.. my videos turned out crappy but still was fun.

DJI_0021_1.jpg

DJI_0024_1.jpg

DJI_0025_1.jpg

DJI_0029_1.jpg

I called carnival and they said that i cant have a drone that has a detached camera. They said is because of US customs. Why?? Any tips? How to get around this? I have a 3dr solo and dont want it confiscated. Im going on a 4 day cruise from long beach on carnival inspiration.
Customs doesn't give a rip about you bringing in a drone. It isn't a prohibited item. Declare it if they even ask about it. Which they likely won't because they don't care. It would be like them stopping you from bringing in a Nikon Camera. It will be treated the same because... it's just a camera.

Reactions: Dan C
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev