DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carrying Mavic batteries when flying

SlackBladder

Reactions
Gday, am going to be in USA and will be flying America Airlines internally.

How do i transport my mavic and batteries?

How do i transport my mavic and batteries?
You should put them in your carry-on bag. Make sure the battery terminals are covered with something. It would be best to carry on the Mavic too in order to ensure it arrives safely.

You should put them in your carry-on bag. Make sure the battery terminals are covered with something. It would be best to carry on the Mavic too in order to ensure it arrives safely.
You need to keep your batteries in your carry-on and, unless you have a hard case, keep your mavic and other camera equipment with you as a carry on. I fly 3 to 4 times a month usually and always have my mavic or phantom with me with 4 extra batteries. I've never had a problem. I fly Delta, American, Frontier and Southwest. As msinger said, make sure your terminals are covered. It is not necessary, but, you can also get some inexpensive lithium ion bags from Amazon.

Thank you for your help, was a little worried as American airlines says Lithium batteries are prohibited.

I believe it says Lithium batteries are prohibited in checked baggage (last time I checked a couple months ago).

Also, make sure you've disconnected the battery from the drone for safety.

Never had a problem flying with mine, but a few times I have been asked to remove it from my bag when putting it through the X-ray machine. Wasn't a big deal, probably just too many electronics in the same bag.

I just used the standard mavic bag that came with the fly more bundle with a handful of batteries. Had the power brick in suitcase since I wasn't going to need it during transit.

Thank you for your help, was a little worried as American airlines says Lithium batteries are prohibited.

As @Dreamer stated, that only applies to checked bags. If they banned lithium batteries from carry-on no one could bring a phone, tablet, or laptop on the plane!

If you really wanted to be hardcore, you could pick up some lipo bags for your batteries. I think you would be golden then.

I just flew to Switzerland from Atlanta. I have TSA precheck and carried my mavic and batteries in the Smatree SmaCase D500 Storage Carrying Case. No questions were asked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan