DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cartoon like display on iPhone

0742143eda5b66f432329d9d7419abf9.jpg

I’m still having issues with my display as you can see... can people please share screenshots of what they see?

I’ve reset camera settings.. I’ve used both USB ports and several cables including a brand new one.

Could iPhone firmware update help? I’m a number of updates behind but don’t like doing them unless I have to

8fd52900bc74189e83a5118135a8c25a.jpg
d79886bc7cd9c98eaafbe2404baed649.jpg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I have found an old post about a phantom 3 that appears to have the same issue.
My Video Quality is Pixalated , Fuzzy and not clear

I assume most here with a Mavic Pro Platinum are on IOS with DJI GO 4
Version 4.3.10?? And have no issues

I don’t understand why there is a cartoon avatar on a brand new drone. It doesn’t make any sense why it would be there and it can’t be turned off. Have you taken any photos? Maybe it takes photos and videos normally but the live video feed shows it differently. If the issue persists and you can’t figure it out, contact DJI and see it they will replace it under warranty.

I don’t understand why there is a cartoon avatar on a brand new drone. It doesn’t make any sense why it would be there and it can’t be turned off. Have you taken any photos? Maybe it takes photos and videos normally but the live video feed shows it differently. If the issue persists and you can’t figure it out, contact DJI and see it they will replace it under warranty.

The saved SD footage is amazing.. just the live video feed on my iPhone is dodgy

I’ve tried iPhone & iPad.. both from side and bottom USB port

Hey OP, in post #4 you say it is "perfect" but in post 18 it is not. What changed between the two posts?

Post #30 states the saved footage is amazing but the displayed image is not. Sounds like either:
• A bad cable. Use a quality USB data cable from the center USB port. Make sure there is no cable plugged into the side of the RC.
• An over taxed iPhone. Turn off all other apps, free up RAM, and fly in airplane mode.
• A Go 4 update. Sometimes a Go 4 update will introduce new features or functions that your iPhone is not capable of running. You could try downgrading Go 4 to a version that works for you.
• Outdated OS. You are updating so this might fix your problem. In all the posts I have read on this forum, I can only recall one that involved an iUpdate that hosed Go 4. Then again, I use an Android tablet so am not up to date on any issues the iOS folks may be experiencing.

Hey OP, in post #4 you say it is "perfect" but in post 18 it is not. What changed between the two posts?

Post #30 states the saved footage is amazing but the displayed image is not. Sounds like either:
• A bad cable. Use a quality USB data cable from the center USB port. Make sure there is no cable plugged into the side of the RC.
• An over taxed iPhone. Turn off all other apps, free up RAM, and fly in airplane mode.
• A Go 4 update. Sometimes a Go 4 update will introduce new features or functions that your iPhone is not capable of running. You could try downgrading Go 4 to a version that works for you.
• Outdated OS. You are updating so this might fix your problem. In all the posts I have read on this forum, I can only recall one that involved an iUpdate that hosed Go 4. Then again, I use an Android tablet so am not up to date on any issues the iOS folks may be experiencing.

I can get maximum 10secs of perfect *sometimes*

Post 30 was one of those times

I’ve ruled out cables and controller ports, tried numerous cables incl. new & tried both USB ports

I’ve ruled out DJI GO 4 as I have the latest version

Updating IOS as I type. Haven’t done in sometime

Updating iPad first... I will post results ASAP

...I’ve ruled out DJI GO 4 as I have the latest version...
I really should back out of this since I do not use an iDevice, but before I go I'll suggest that it could still be Go 4. My personal experience was one day my displayed video was good and the next it was unusable. The only change was a background update of Go 4. I downgraded Go 4 and my good video was back.

Have you tried using a different display device? If the video improves you can rule out your Mavic as the problem.

My last suggestion is to post details about your setup; firmware, software, iDevice, cable, and hopefully someone more helpful will volunteer. Good luck!

I really should back out of this since I do not use an iDevice, but before I go I'll suggest that it could still be Go 4. My personal experience was one day my displayed video was good and the next it was unusable. The only change was a background update of Go 4. I downgraded Go 4 and my good video was back.

Have you tried using a different display device? If the video improves you can rule out your Mavic as the problem.

My last suggestion is to post details about your setup; firmware, software, iDevice, cable, and hopefully someone more helpful will volunteer. Good luck!

Thank you champion.. I appreciate your help.
I will try backtracking the GO 4 version

40e34a07d6489beee8964e2c88148853.jpg

I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to downgrade the dji app to see what happens and not sure I can now I’ve updated itunes

In the meantime the versions I am running..
iPad model MPGT2X/A on IOS 12.1.1 (recently updated)
DJI GO 4 - version 4.3.10

I have the same issue on my iPhone which has super old firmware.. IOS 11.4.1

I have used several new and used, genuine and aftermarket iCables with no change

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid