DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CASA accreditation

Wozza

Reactions
I'm retired and thought there may be a way to make a few bucks with my drone (Mavic Air 2). So I got an ARN (aviation reference number) from CASA and just did their RPA Operator Accreditation test online. Pretty straightforward.

Anyone else done the same and any ideas on possible ways of making money? I was thinking of offering aerial piccies of houses for sale for small local estate agents. Or maybe airbnb.

Reactions: mereflyer
You applied for ‘excluded use’ after getting your ARN Wozza ?
I’ve not used my excluded capability as yet (might not ever) just thought I’d get the ARN in preparation for changes coming, and excluded was just there so why not.
Only a couple of days ago I did the accreditation, which is now only required for anyone making a biz out of their drone(s).

Anyone else done the same and any ideas on possible ways of making money? I was thinking of offering aerial piccies of houses for sale for small local estate agents. Or maybe airbnb.
It's not easy.
Drones are cheap and easy to fly.
Real estate agents nowdays shoot their own aerials or their usual photographers do it as part of their regular photography.

Personally, I feel 2 areas that really have potential are mapping, FLIR and IR type work on commercial property.
Mapping, so many ways aerial surveys can be used, farming, quarry and stockpile surveys, thermal camera solar panel surveys, IR vegetation type surveys.
Pix4D and Drone Deploy newsletters are full of ways you can use drones now.

Simpler real estate and the likes, you will most likely be expected to be cheap (exceptions are possible).

Maybe getting into stock photos / video clips is worth it for pics / video taken of both nice landscapes, and out of the norm type scenes.
Pays lousy, but once you've taken and uploaded photos for a good while (think 2 - 3 years perhaps) you might start bringing in enough little pay packets to be worth continuing to build it.

I'm retired and thought there may be a way to make a few bucks with my drone (Mavic Air 2). So I got an ARN (aviation reference number) from CASA and just did their RPA Operator Accreditation test online. Pretty straightforward.

Likewise - I also went the same way and think the same thoughts.
Did the CASA Accreditation and registered my Mav Pro.

Have approached the local AutoSports Club, taken some action shots at a recent event and attempting to make it known that I and drone are available for anything from roof, gutter and solar panel inspections, to large and small Real Estate, Farm crops, fencing, stock inspection or finding strayed cattle and sheep, I think its a matter of letting them know you have drone, are accredited, and willing to travel... Just keep trying!

It ain’t easy breaking in, you have too look for that edge over your competition, wether it be price or quality.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82