DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cascade Mountains Winter Wonderland

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

I recently ventured out to take advantage of a rare break in the winter storms to do some sunset flying near Mt. St. Helens, and I managed to capture some awesome footage!
I continue to be impressed by how the Mavic 2 can handle cold temperatures with noticeable loss of battery life. I was a little worried about flying through the clouds and mist, but I'm learning that the Mavic handles such conditions very well.

In addition to the video, I've posted a bunch of photos on my blog: Illuminations from the attic: Winter Wonderland in the Cascade Mountains

I recently ventured out to take advantage of a rare break in the winter storms to do some sunset flying near Mt. St. Helens, and I managed to capture some awesome footage!
I continue to be impressed by how the Mavic 2 can handle cold temperatures with noticeable loss of battery life. I was a little worried about flying through the clouds and mist, but I'm learning that the Mavic handles such conditions very well.

In addition to the video, I've posted a bunch of photos on my blog: Illuminations from the attic: Winter Wonderland in the Cascade Mountains
Magnificent. Exactly, how did you upload to youtube. My videos uploaded to youtube are grainy at best, I am looking for advise.

Very very nice....well, awesome to be honest. Thanks for sharing and uplifting my day.

Magnificent. Exactly, how did you upload to youtube. My videos uploaded to youtube are grainy at best, I am looking for advise.

Thank you, there's a lot of things that could be causing your videos to upload in low quality. I assume your videos look good before you upload, and since you can watch my video in HD I assume it's not just a slow internet connection causing Youtube to default to a low quality setting. What editing software are you using? The issue may be in your export settings, you might need to change the codec you're using to H.264, or it might be that you're not exporting at a high enough bitrate.

Beautiful! Just out of curiosity, what video software are you using? I'm new to it and am trying to get my feet wet.

Beautiful! Just out of curiosity, what video software are you using? I'm new to it and am trying to get my feet wet.

I'm using Adobe Premier at the moment, however, I always recommend the free version of DaVinci Resolve, as it does almost everything as well as Premier and you don't have to pay the ridiculous monthly fee that Adobe charges.

Those last shots of Adams are outstanding with beautiful light. The whole thing was a bit long for me, so I fast forwarded through a lot of it.

Beautiful vid, and nice choice of music.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69