DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cascading Collapse

SteveMouzon

Reactions
My Mavic 3 worked flawlessly for over a year, with an Apple-like seamlessness. If there was a firmware update, it popped up on my iPhone which was attached to the original controller that came with the M3 and I downloaded, installed, an kept on flying. I quickly learned the FlySafe permission system, as I live in the flight path of a regional airport, and that worked seamlessly as well. A couple friends who I'd gotten involved with flying Mavics gave me a RC Pro controller for my birthday last December, and it was a natural and seamless upgrade to the original controller.

But at my son's wedding in May, things began to go sour. For some reason, I couldn't get above 30 meters even after doing everything permission-wise I'd done before, and the wedding wasn't in any flight path, and I had flown the exact site several months earlier. Everything has gone further downhill from that point. Now, I can't update the firmware on the M3; it comes back with the server error I see on several posts recently. I have a 48-hour FlySafe permission through late tomorrow, but the only place it says I'm ready to fly is in my house.

Doing the exact same thing two blocks away (powering up the M3, then the RC Pro), it gave me the cannot fly because of being in a restricted zone, but wouldn't let me ask permission (even though it had already been granted) because I didn't have the current firmware, which of course I can't get because of the server error.

I feel like I'm in a vacation rental with several TV remotes with no idea what I've done to make it impossible to get anything live on the screen. When stuff like this happens to me, it's almost always user error, but it can take weeks to figure out the right combination to back out of the rabbit hole and actually get stuff working again.

Any thoughts on how I might get back in the air again? Thanks so much in advance!!

Check to make sure you haven't been logged out of your DJI account on your controller. That sounds like symptoms of being logged out of your account.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian