- car charger
- iPad Mini
- iPad charger
- Nikon D500 w/battery grip
- Tamron 16-300mm lens
- Nikon battery charger
- Nexto Di Photo Storage Vault
- associated cables and misc small loose items

I'm traveling via commercial airlines 2-3 round trips per month and am looking for a lightweight backpack that fits into the overhead bin.

Your guidance and experiences are always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Almost as large as my Think Tank Airport Security. Looking for something more compact.

Take a look at the Lowepro 250AW. It has excellent all weather camera features (incl tripod holder and integrated rainbag) and if you don't go all out on the Nikon lenses you might appreciate the portability of this bag.

Carries nicely on the back as well, with decent padding and some air vent channels.

I was able to fit the full Mavic Pro Fly More bundle (excl the bag) and my Canon DSLR with 3 lenses in there, with a couple of extra Canon batteries and the Canon charger, a laptop and some extra accessories.

I'm looking for some bag recommendations to house the following items:
-Mavic Pro w/RC
- 3 extra Mavic batteries
- charger with hub
- car charger
- iPad Mini
- iPad charger
- Nikon D500 w/battery grip
- Tamron 16-300mm lens
- Nikon battery charger
- Nexto Di Photo Storage Vault
- associated cables and misc small loose items

I'm traveling via commercial airlines 2-3 round trips per month and am looking for a lightweight backpack that fits into the overhead bin.

Your guidance and experiences are always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Pelican case with the foam insert that you customize. Best of all world for protection and travel, you get what you pay for with Pelican.

Great advice everyone. The hard case is out since I am looking to travel as light as possible with a backpack or sling style bag. I am going very minimal and only with only a single "grab-n-go" hyperzoom lens on my cropped sensor Nikon D500 so the lens will cover a focal length of 24-450mm. The only thing I might add are a couple of GoPro 5 Sessions.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Just as an update, I purchased the Think Tank Trifecta 10 backpack. This has enough room for my DSLR w/16-300mm lens, Mavic Pro with 4 batteries, RC, iPad Mini 4, Photo Vault, Compact Binoculars and all the associated accessories and cables. I can access the main components from 3 separate access points. The shoulder, chest and waist straps are perfectly fitted and Balances the weight nicely. The great thing about this backpack is it is the perfect size to hold my gear without giving me any more space to overdo it. I'll post a photo once my Mavic is returned by DJI. I paid US$60.

Reactions: -=KamaL=-
I went with the Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-26 Professional Pro Light Camera backpack and it awesome. The part I like the best is the tripod is on the back and not the side. Fits DSLR, lens and the Mavic.

I went with the Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-26 Professional Pro Light Camera backpack and it awesome. The part I like the best is the tripod is on the back and not the side. Fits DSLR, lens and the Mavic.

That's a pretty nice backpack. Post a photo when you get it completely stocked for use. Thanks.

Simple choice really.... Expensive kit.... I have A Vangaurd case that i use.... Pelican is also a good choice. U want to pack it all in one bag. U can drive a truck oover those bags and they will last. Expensive but worth while

Sorry wanted to add. Although these wont fit into overhead, they can be locked and put in luggage check in. That way u will keep prying eyes away from ur mavic when u go through customs. Certain countries have blackout restrictions on drones, and they confiscate them upon entry, so u wouldnt want to be parading through customs with an item that could potentially get confiscated. Just my two cents worth

The Think Tank Trifecta bag was a perfect choice for my kit since I travel by commercial airlines several times a month within the United States. This is definitely a carry on that can also slide under the seat if the overhead bins are all occupied.
trifecta-10-dslr-backpack-2-1434714381.jpg

The Think Tank Trifecta bag was a perfect choice for my kit since I travel by commercial airlines several times a month
Got a photo with everything packed inside?

I would like to see a photo with everything packed inside as well. I am currently using a Tenba messenger bag, and while everything fits in perfectly, it can be difficult to carry around at times over the shoulder. I would love something that can hold the same amount of stuff in a backpack that I can access easier.

Take a look at the Lowepro 250AW. It has excellent all weather camera features (incl tripod holder and integrated rainbag) and if you don't go all out on the Nikon lenses you might appreciate the portability of this bag.

Carries nicely on the back as well, with decent padding and some air vent channels.

I was able to fit the full Mavic Pro Fly More bundle (excl the bag) and my Canon DSLR with 3 lenses in there, with a couple of extra Canon batteries and the Canon charger, a laptop and some extra accessories.

I'd be interested to see a picture of that as I've been considering it for my Nikon D750, 28-300mm and Mavic although it's hard to tell how much space there is just by looking at pictures.

I'll definitely post a photo once my Mavic is returned from DJI for a gimbal repair. Should be another week or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections