DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case and landing gear

Great (hard)cases I see here! @MavFly : you have 3 MM's? :p
Well, here is the case I made, also with the MM folded out and with the landing gear attached. I still wonder if the landing gear does not affect the cooling negatively since the openings in the sides are now covered, maybe I can start a topic on this matter). Anyway, in the case I have room for the MM (obiously!), my anemometer, the remote controller, the battery charger (in which I can store the batteries), the USB charger, USB cable(s) and 2 strobe lights.The latter are attached to the foam with velcro, which I also use to attach them to the MM. The small red piece you see in the back of the MM is a label 'Remove before flight' I have attached to the lens hood and it is folded underneath the MM.
From the upper lid I can remove the foam easily (it is just pressed in by its own elasticity) and there I store the manuals of the MM and the anemometer, as wel as some spare props and the mini screwdriver.

An overall picture (the size of the ruler is 30 cm, and the apparent decolorization of the inner foam is only an effect of the incoming light when taking these pictures):

drone case 1.jpg

And to prevent parts 'falling' out when I carry the case, I have a small piece of foam I can put at the right side of the case. It rests on the remote controller joysticks so there is no pressure on the back props but in that way the back blades and the smaller items are secured.
If you look closely you will see that the front blades come into the lower parts of the foam so nothing is pressed.

drone case 3.jpg

At this very moment it is 38°C outside, too hot for me and I guess also for my flying buddy. In a few days it will get cooler, so I think it is better to wait now.

Greetings,

Ronny

Last edited:
I just purchased my first drone a Mavic Mini and I am trying to find out if there is a case/landing gear setup that doesn't require you to remove the gear to put it into the case? Anyone have any recommendations?

Joe
I have been using this one from Cricut with great success as it fits everything inside and is large but extremely light and portable

Attachments

• Cricut Rolling Craft Tote.png
    Cricut Rolling Craft Tote.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 10
I just purchased my first drone a Mavic Mini and I am trying to find out if there is a case/landing gear setup that doesn't require you to remove the gear to put it into the case? Anyone have any recommendations?

Joe
Hi here is a reply I made to someone with an M2P but it would also work for most any drone:
Hi - After a lot of research I got a case, loaded it with a better foam, and was able to get my entire M2P system inside without removing propellers and just folding the front legs in. Attached are pictures. The case a great deal from Harbor Freight, the solid foam from Cobra Foam ( 1620/1621) . I used an electric carving knife to make the cutouts. I even had room for the controller with an ipad mini 5 attached https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GV74L7?ref=em_1p_0_im&ref_=pe_2313400_516479040 . This case also has roller wheels so the whole system is very easy to transport and work out of. A couple other things that will make your M2P life easier. Get and learn the Litchi App and get an apple pencil to do the programming. With the Litchi you can build missions without the drone or controller turned on a huge drone battery saver. Contact me [email protected] for questions Have fun

Attachments

• Drone case inside.jpg
    Drone case inside.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Drone case outside.jpg
    Drone case outside.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 15
Great (hard)cases I see here! @MavFly : you have 3 MM's? :p
Well, here is the case I made, also with the MM folded out and with the landing gear attached. I still wonder if the landing gear does not affect the cooling negatively since the openings in the sides are now covered, maybe I can start a topic on this matter). Anyway, in the case I have room for the MM (obiously!), my anemometer, the remote controller, the battery charger (in which I can store the batteries), the USB charger, USB cable(s) and 2 strobe lights.The latter are attached to the foam with velcro, which I also use to attach them to the MM. The small red piece you see in the back of the MM is a label 'Remove before flight' I have attached to the lens hood and it is folded underneath the MM.
From the upper lid I can remove the foam easily (it is just pressed in by its own elasticity) and there I store the manuals of the MM and the anemometer, as wel as some spare props and the mini screwdriver.

An overall picture (the size of the ruler is 30 cm, and the apparent decolorization of the inner foam is only an effect of the incoming light when taking these pictures):

View attachment 109938

And to prevent parts 'falling' out when I carry the case, I have a small piece of foam I can put at the right side of the case. It rests on the remote controller joysticks so there is no pressure on the back props but in that way the back blades and the smaller items are secured.
If you look closely you will see that the front blades come into the lower parts of the foam so nothing is pressed.

View attachment 109940

At this very moment it is 38°C outside, too hot for me and I guess also for my flying buddy. In a few days it will get cooler, so I think it is better to wait now.

Greetings,

Ronny
I have one Mavic Mini and one Mavic Air 2. I just sold my Mavic pro ;)

I had the Four Legs on my MM to make it higher, but i found the Ski Type was a lot better for Weight Wise and less Drag. But that is me. But you do have to remove if you fitting into a tight case, but it only takes a few secs, to remove.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll