DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case and landing gear

FishinJoe

Reactions
I just purchased my first drone a Mavic Mini and I am trying to find out if there is a case/landing gear setup that doesn't require you to remove the gear to put it into the case? Anyone have any recommendations?

Joe

Harbor Freight Apache Case, pick-and-pluck the foam to fit, then hose it down with spray-on Plasti-Dip. They have many sizes available.

I just purchased my first drone a Mavic Mini and I am trying to find out if there is a case/landing gear setup that doesn't require you to remove the gear to put it into the case? Anyone have any recommendations?

Joe

Welcome to the forum !

I ordered my backpack from the site below.

MM backpack
I liked that I can store the Mavic Mini folded out (= in Ready-to-Fly mode)

I use PGYTECH landing gear and I had no problem keeping them on the MM in this case/bag.
mavic-mini-outdoor-backpack.jpg

Unless you are looking for something compact and easy to carry along, go with a hard case with more room than you think you might need, because you will end up using all of it, and it is so much more practical to carry your mini fully deployed, than having to unfold it and fold it again every single time.

Here is my car carrying case, everything goes with me.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Then, if I decide to carry with me on a hike, subway, train, swimming ... you got the picture, I have a fanny pack :). It is also carried in the hard case, ready for easy transport, a drone with battery, an RC and a phone.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reactions: Mavic Mini
Here's what I did.

I also learned a neat trick for keeping the pick & pluck foam together. After I get the foam plucked the way I'd like....I turn it upside down on a sheet of thin black foam. I bought the roll at a craft store. Once I've marked all the spots needed to be trimmed/removed....I hot glue the foam on top of the pick & pluck. Loots good.. works well.

Here's my case....(I must admit...I like making the cases. Did one for the Mini, a6400, Ronin S, audio gear...)

Last edited:
Just use the flymore case if you have one about 15 minutes with a hairdryer or less with a heat gun I used a few clamps and a scrap piece of timber to squash the rear and flattened the top bump not sure if that was necessary just saved any added pressure on the drone also open up around the the front legs with a bit of heat and finger pressure .
I have the landing legs and engine covers I have read all the posts on both and they suit my situation so being able to use the standard case was a bonus.

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_202938.jpg
    IMG_20200802_202938.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200802_202948.jpg
    IMG_20200802_202948.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20200802_203008.jpg
    IMG_20200802_203008.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 87

Joe
Here is a inexpensive way. I have two. One for the Mini unfolded ,batteries and some smaller items and one for all my other accessories that I don't always need. You can change the configuration to fit your needs.

Lowepro Drone Guard cs 200
by Lowepro
4.7 out of 5 stars 50 ratings

| 9 answered questions

Price:$23.99 FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns

Thanks for the replies all. This is all new to me but I am already addicted to the hobby.

Welcome to the forum !

MM backpack

I use PGYTECH landing gear and I had no problem keeping them on the MM in this case/bag.
View attachment 109435
I like that backpack, but i am not sure if it is sold in the States. Steve.

Welcome to the forum !

MM backpack

View attachment 109435
like that backpack, but i am not sure if it is sold in the States. Steve.

like that backpack, but i am not sure if it is sold in the States. Steve.

It is shipped from Germany

Ask them for shipping quote

Or u can check this ebay listing, its available and the seller can offer quote for international shipping.

Reactions: mrnavy2
Reactions: Ali H Alhosani
Using my old military 17.5 x 12 x 4.5 brief case. MM combo case and guards, plus landing pad, landing gear, and other goodies fit, with room to spare.

Nanuk all the way for me ;) View attachment 109538

Does the knobbly foam in the lid not press down on the blades?

These look the most interesting of the hard cases for an unfolded Mini I’ve found:

Last edited:

These look the most interesting of the hard cases for an unfolded Mini I’ve found:

The smart edition that u mentioned was my first choice, but I bought the Backpack from same brand as it have outer pockets that can accomodate much more accesories and stuff ,,

Within the last week, someone posted about a case that actually accommodated the Mini with the prop guards attached (or detached). Obviously, that case would be a bit larger.

No press on the blade at all .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki