DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone use landing gear extensions for the Mini 2?

There are some reasonably priced ones made just for drones. And a scrap of carpet or plywood works just fine, too.
I have a friend who used the sun screen from his car, it was one of these that are spring loaded to open in a full circle. It is very light weight and the first time he was coming in for a landing; between the light breeze and his propeller wash, the sun screen flipped up and hit his drone and it broke a propeller off, and the drone tumble to the ground and broke another couple of props.

Whatever you use, be sure it stays planted…

Reactions: MS Coast
Ive got a landing pad ,i just wanted to know how do it by hand
There are a number of previous threads here and some videos on youtube. I strongly recommend the "normal landing and shutdown on your hand" technique over the "snatch it out of the air and turn it upside down to shut down the motors."

At least when learning, a good knife-resistant kitchen glove is a good idea.

Reactions: LoudThunder
It's just a gimmick. Get a small landing pad and use it when necessary or learn to hand launch/land from time to time.
Not a gimmick. I have an orange plastic landing-legs extension on my Mini, and in the bright sunlight it actually glows, helping me see my drone when otherwise I would lose sight of it in the bright sky. It also enables me to take off better in grassy or rough surfaces. One of my best investments.

I do not believe they are a gimmick and if they are a "Bright Color" as mentioned above, they aid with keeping the drone visible, but to use them to protect the drone; well, I'm not of that mind… I've read that they hold the drone high enough to protect your gimbal from the dirt, sand, and debris and keep the lens clean when taking off or landing…

Here is a test, hover your drone just a foot or so over your head and tell me that the Prop Wash is not going to blast up some dirt, sand, or debris that might damage your gimbal or dirty your lens…

Reactions: MS Coast
This may be an old thread but I have both. The full rails and the white landing legs. I don't always stay in the same area and sometimes need to land my drone in the desert where the land in uneven. There is also grass tall enough here to not see the drone after it lands. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman